Current time: 29/03/2024, 01:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cricket 2015
Cricket 2015
We are only three days into the New Year and already one record has been toppled .

Kumar Sangakkara has become the fastest person to 12,000 runs and is only the fifth batsmen to reach that mark.

India's Sachin Tendulkar and Australia's Ricky Ponting both needed 247 innings to surpass the mark.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Cricket 2015
In the last year i've got far more involved in Cricket i went Boxing Day and 27th of the Boxing Day test England v Australia including a trip to the National Sports Museum inside the MCG i went to Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Renegades at the Etihad (Docklands Stadium) i saw Britains Most hated man Piers Morgan get injured in the batting Nets at the MCG and Hung out with the Barmy army on Christmas Eve unfortunately i nearly ended up witnessing Phil Hughes death as i was in Sydney that day and was going to head down for the game but i overslept and missed it. Rip Hughesy

i also visited the Gabba and saw an afl game there like a manly version of irish sports. if your ever in brisbane visit the German club best pint in brisbane

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
The 2015 Cricket World Cup starts 2200 GMT Friday 13 February 2015 The match is New Zealand v Sri Lanka from Hagley Oval , Christchurch , New Zealand.

Match 2 which starts at 0330 GMT Saturday 14 February , the match is Australia v England from Melbourne Cricket Ground , Melbourne .
Oh no would you believe it is raining in New Zealand where the first match in the World Cup is due to start at 2200 GMT in Christchurch. Oh and the temperature isn't anything to write home about either at 12c .
Same old Kiwi Weather was the Same during the NRL Nines Awful Weather

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
One of the biggest shocks of this particular World Cup has to be Ireland beating West Indies by Four Wickets with 4.1 overs left to spare.
This World Cup has become some so bat friendly that some of the matches have become so one sided.

In a one sided match the game can easily turn very boring quite rapidly. Something that the ICC will have to look at quite soon is the bowlers use of bouncers as a legitimate delivery to prevent scoring , but limit it to one ball an over , anything after that could legitimately give as a no ball.

Another idea is Limiting the amount of players in the circle for a certain amount of overs during say the middle overs.

These are only some ideas to try and make the One day game fair for both parts bat and ball.
Well done to England for beating Australia at the SWALEC in Cardiff.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
From the time that Joe Root was dropped by the wicket-keeper when the score was 43 for 3 in England First innings England haven't looked like they was going to lose the Test Match.

The Australian's seem to be looking at themselves and thinking how did we managed to lose that match.

One , Mitchell Johnson was blunted by a pitch with no pace at all , some where even saying this was like a sub-continental pudding pitch more akin to Chennai than Cardiff. Two, Watson getting trapped yet again in both innings LBW how many times it now. Three , Haddin his wicket-keeping skills and batting skills where also tested but to be honest I think any replacement may have struggled as well.
That was a very interesting summer of cricket .

Firstly our One Day Squad seemed to be on over drive against New Zealand and scoring 400 in a one day match was the highlight .

We did seem to come down to earth with a bump against the World Champions Australia , we ended up giving them a run for there money until having a horrendous final one day international not helped by Eoin Morgan suffering a concussion after being hit on the head , the second hit on the head he had suffered in as many matches .

Oh and we regained The Ashes , The Australian test team seemed to have the jitters against the moving ball.

Some cricketing correspondents reckon that Australia should go to New Zealand before coming here to acclimatise themselves to the swinging and seaming ball next time .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)