Current time: 23/04/2024, 16:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express West Midlands
RE: National Express West Midlands
The final day of the B6LE's, B10L's, Mercedes O405N's & Spectras has been confirmed as Saturday 3rd October.

The vehicles that have been confirmed as taking part will be 620 [S620 VOA], 1436 [P436 JJW], 1447 [P447 JOX], 4017 [T417 UON], 4020 [T420 UON] & 4021 [T421 UON], as well as two Mercedes O405N's that are yet to be confirmed (A possibility is that a Coventry Merc may be used, as well as a WM Merc)

The farewell day will take place around Walsall, with all of these vehicles allocated to route 301 [Walsall-Walsall Garage-Leamore-Bloxwich-Mossley], with the B10L's & B6LE being allocated to standard running boards, in place of B7RLE's, with the Mercs and Spectra's being operated as duplicates. It may also be possible that these vehicles will operate an X51 into Birmingham, presumably as a duplicate, rather than replacing a Platinum.

This will be the last chance to see any of these types in service.

One other B6LE is currently remaining, 662 [S662 VOA], however, this will be withdrawn on the 26th September, with the most likely bet for finding it being the 11 [Wolverhampton-Fallings Park-Underhill].

1421 & 1475 are withdrawn now, along with a damaged 1446
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/09/2015 20:53)NX Spectra 4001 Wrote:  The final day of the B6LE's, B10L's, Mercedes O405N's & Spectras has been confirmed as Saturday 3rd October.

The vehicles that have been confirmed as taking part will be 620 [S620 VOA], 1436 [P436 JJW], 1447 [P447 JOX], 4017 [T417 UON], 4020 [T420 UON] & 4021 [T421 UON], as well as two Mercedes O405N's that are yet to be confirmed (A possibility is that a Coventry Merc may be used, as well as a WM Merc)

The farewell day will take place around Walsall, with all of these vehicles allocated to route 301 [Walsall-Walsall Garage-Leamore-Bloxwich-Mossley], with the B10L's & B6LE being allocated to standard running boards, in place of B7RLE's, with the Mercs and Spectra's being operated as duplicates. It may also be possible that these vehicles will operate an X51 into Birmingham, presumably as a duplicate, rather than replacing a Platinum.

This will be the last chance to see any of these types in service.

One other B6LE is currently remaining, 662 [S662 VOA], however, this will be withdrawn on the 26th September, with the most likely bet for finding it being the 11 [Wolverhampton-Fallings Park-Underhill].

1421 & 1475 are withdrawn now, along with a damaged 1446

It is very considerate and thoughtful to enthusiasts to have the finale all on the same day! It enables those of us interested to plan a big day out for all these. Provided that is, we have not got anything else planned.

This proves that NXWM are heading towards a more standardised fleet now.

As WMT / TWM / NXWM ordered so few vehicles between 1990 and 1995 then diversified the fleet as so many new buses were needed, now the chickens have come home to roost.
Am gonna do the extra X51 of Birmingham at 11:05, What Ticket am i best getting as someone said something about an N Network Ticket but since i never been to Birmingham i aint got a clue

Also is New Street Station close to Lower Bull Street?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I don't know what ticket you need unfortunately but I do know that Bull Street is about a 10 minute walk away from Birmingham New Street. The quickest way would be to leave the station at the Stephenson Street exit and turn right - following the road around to Corporation Street. If I remember correctly there's a House of Fraser store at the junction of Corporation Street and Bull Street

Hope this helps
(01/10/2015 17:49)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I don't know what ticket you need unfortunately but I do know that Bull Street is about a 10 minute walk away from Birmingham New Street. The quickest way would be to leave the station at the Stephenson Street exit and turn right - following the road around to Corporation Street. If I remember correctly there's a House of Fraser store at the junction of Corporation Street and Bull Street

Hope this helps

Might be a change of plan as Coach is over half the price cheaper, Do you know if the Coach Station is near Lower Bull Street?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(01/10/2015 17:58)T42 PVM Wrote:  Might be a change of plan as Coach is over half the price cheaper, Do you know if the Coach Station is near Lower Bull Street?

IIRC (been a while since I've been to Birmingham) you turn left out of the coach station and carry on along that road up to the Bullring Shopping Centre. Go up to the third floor and take one of the exits out to where the Rotunda is. Once outside take the street to the right (High Street) which will take you around to Bull Street

It took me about 15 minutes so it's not too much of a walk
Thats great, thanks

(01/10/2015 17:34)T42 PVM Wrote:  Am gonna do the extra X51 of Birmingham at 11:05, What Ticket am i best getting as someone said something about an N Network Ticket but since i never been to Birmingham i aint got a clue

Also is New Street Station close to Lower Bull Street?

NXWM do an allday ticket that covers ALL NXWM services. I think an adult is £4:10p. I will be using one tomorrow as I intend to spend the day in the W. Mids. Outside Moor St station is one of the best places to observe the new vehicles, along with Colmore Row. Pete.
(01/10/2015 18:48)T42 PVM Wrote:  Thats great, thanks

No problem. I was hoping to go to the Farewell Day event tomorrow but I can't go unfortunately
Due to additional contracts and an increase in PVR at West Bromwich that have been taken on in the past few weeks, Mercs are back in service at West Bromwich and Pensnett (albeit the Mercs are blue!). Pensnett garage are also due a Streetdeck demonstrator, however this is as a seed vehicle, and will be a permanent part of the fleet.

This is what the allocations look like now:

1571, 1591 & 1594 are now at Pensnett (from Coventry) until Christmas, should be allocated to routes 243/244 (1) & 297 (2). So if anyone wants a photo of a blue Merc in Dudley or Merry Hill, now's your chance!

1585, 1607, 1695 & 1699 have been reinstated at West Bromwich, most likely to be allocated to routes 42/43, 45 & 49, although 1607 made its return in spectacular fashion, by doing a trip on the 74 from Dudley to Birmingham!

Vehicle transfers:

4024, 4027, 4032, 4033, 4065, 4068, 4073, 4076 & 4105 have all transferred from either Reserve fleet or Acocks Green, marking the first time Walsall have had Presidents since early 2008!

4200-4202 have transferred to Wolverhampton in the short term, from Pensnett, until Christmas for the Amazon Rugeley contract services, along with 4133 from Walsall

Only 1 of the Acocks Green OmniLinks (1940) is still left at AG, presumably as a buffer, in case of issues with the E200MMC's, or just as a spare. All of the B7RLE's have now transferred elsewhere (2106-2111 to Pensnett, 2112-2114 to Wolverhampton & 2115-2120 to Birmingham Central). All of the 50 E200MMC's have now been delivered.

4527-4534 will transfer to Acocks Green from Walsall, although, 4528/30/32 are still left at Walsall, while the others are in for repaint into Crimson, these Geminis being the oldest vehicles (currently) in the new livery (53 plates). 4527/29 are already out and about, usually on the 5 or the 31.

Alex

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)