Current time: 21/02/2018, 19:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(Yesterday 08:31)iMarkeh Wrote:  10886 gold decker is out again on route 2. Left Chester 08:27

https://t.co/Vchv0PLzAa - new 5/5a timetable. Still not a standard timetable and the Stanney 5A is a right mess. Route 5 now takes an extra 15 minutes.
Both routes interwork with PVR 3

I can't see this working. The whole reason the SPs don't work fully at the minute is that the times change every hour. How hard is it to have a route with 55 minutes running time each way, run hourly. Pvr 2. It isn't rocket science. It is completely doable and would get loads more passengers. Messing around with times each hour puts people off. I don't see why no one realises that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(Today 10:03)iMarkeh Wrote:  https://t.co/Vchv0PLzAa - new 5/5a timetable. Still not a standard timetable and the Stanney 5A is a right mess. Route 5 now takes an extra 15 minutes.
Both routes interwork with PVR 3

I can't see this working. The whole reason the SPs don't work fully at the minute is that the times change every hour. How hard is it to have a route with 55 minutes running time each way, run hourly. Pvr 2. It isn't rocket science. It is completely doable and would get loads more passengers. Messing around with times each hour puts people off. I don't see why no one realises that.

I believe the 5A and 6 will interwork and 5 be standalone but 5A been added to 5 times not sure how true until new 6 times appear
Find all posts by this user
(Today 14:55)E208 WBG Wrote:  I believe the 5A and 6 will interwork and 5 be standalone but 5A been added to 5 times not sure how true until new 6 times appear

You only have to look at the times. Unless the 6 is going to have random times, it will not interwork with the 6. The 5 gets into Ellesmere Port and within 5-10 minutes of it arrving, a 5A goes out, comes back conveniently just before a 5 is due out. Either that or the 5s are going to have 30 minutes sat around Ellesmere Port every trip which I can't see happening. The 6 won't be stupid surely. A running time of 32 minutes would say to me the 6 will go down to every 40 mins or RF will keep using 2 buses making it every 20 (GHA found it viable and Stagecoach ran their 6 to Little Sutton as well when it interworked with the X2 so possible this is the outcome and Stanney is not busy enough to increase frequency)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)