Current time: 23/04/2024, 19:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West Volvo B10BLEs
RE: Arriva North West Volvo B10BLEs
2712 & 2729 withdrawn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/08/2017 17:54)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  2712 & 2729 withdrawn

I presume 2720 & 2730 haven't got long left ether before they are withdrawn interestingly as that means there will be no more single Decker Volvos left in Merseyside in normal service at all and these B10s are the last MTL ordered buses(Arriva honored the order)remaining in normal service I think as well (but do correct me if im wrong.) I will really miss these B10s though ( I am starting to already) as ive grown up with them and they are my favorite Buses as I keep saying, I just hope some get saved and preserved before they all get scrapped.
(21/08/2017 17:54)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  2712 & 2729 withdrawn

What went wrong with 2729?
(21/08/2017 18:19)darylyates17 Wrote:  I presume 2720 & 2730 haven't got long left ether before they are withdrawn interestingly as that means there will be no more single Decker Volvos left in Merseyside in normal service at all and these B10s are the last MTL ordered buses(Arriva honored the order)remaining in normal service I think as well (but do correct me if im wrong.) I will really miss these B10s though ( I am starting to already) as ive grown up with them and they are my favorite Buses as I keep saying, I just hope some get saved and preserved before they all get scrapped.

2723 and 2726 are still doing the rounds on the 79c and 82a in Merseyside just about!
(21/08/2017 18:19)darylyates17 Wrote:  I presume 2720 & 2730 haven't got long left ether before they are withdrawn interestingly as that means there will be no more single Decker Volvos left in Merseyside in normal service at all and these B10s are the last MTL ordered buses(Arriva honored the order)remaining in normal service I think as well (but do correct me if im wrong.) I will really miss these B10s though ( I am starting to already) as ive grown up with them and they are my favorite Buses as I keep saying, I just hope some get saved and preserved before they all get scrapped.

As far as i was told MTL put the order in and then sold out to arriva so arriva honoured the order with a few tweaks to the interior colours and seat coverings.
(21/08/2017 20:01)Lynx Wrote:  2723 and 2726 are still doing the rounds on the 79c and 82a in Merseyside just about!

Ah yes I forgot about those
(21/08/2017 20:59)motormayhem1 Wrote:  As far as i was told MTL put the order in and then sold out to arriva so arriva honoured the order with a few tweaks to the interior colours and seat coverings.

Its interesting that ANW favoured DAF/VDLs over Volvos as None were ordered until the B7TLs and more recently the B5H Hybrids and there's been no single decker orders since the B10BLEs
Does anyone know the reason why only 2701-2710 has the older style rear taillights, with the later 20 having LED's from new?
(21/08/2017 21:33)darylyates17 Wrote:  Its interesting that ANW favoured DAF/VDLs over Volvos as None were ordered until the B7TLs and more recently the B5H Hybrids and there's been no single decker orders since the B10BLEs

Arriva bus and coach are the VDL/DAF importer/dealer for the UK. As such there would be financial incentive
(21/08/2017 21:38)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Arriva bus and coach are the VDL/DAF importer/dealer for the UK. As such there would be financial incentive

Oh yeah they are yes But I don't know if there are any new buses available with a DAF/VDL chassis in the UK atm but I know they are still available in Coach form but even so ANW seem to be ordering ADL products now that Wright only have their own fully integral buses such as the very poor Streetlite/Streetdeck and just Volvo B5Hs and B9s I think in the Eclipse and Eclipse Gemini and SRM Routemaster lookalike. I wish the Renowns were newer than they are as they are a lot better than the newer Wright bodies.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)