Current time: 24/04/2024, 06:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West Volvo B10BLEs
RE: Arriva North West Volvo B10BLEs
(04/05/2018 20:24)lenno121 Wrote:  Heard that 2730 is out of service, the last of the B10's gone.

It's a shame they are gone as they were one of the best buses in the fleet even if they were a bit knackered and they were one of the last old school buses left in the Arriva Fleet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/05/2018 10:00)darylyates17 Wrote:  It's a shame they are gone as they were one of the best buses in the fleet even if they were a bit knackered and they were one of the last old school buses left in the Arriva Fleet

The Arriva B10BLE's and Stagecoach BlueBirds were the last proper buses in this area, now all we're left with is knackered Cadets, 4191 and some of Stagecoach's Darts.
(05/05/2018 10:14)lenno121 Wrote:  The Arriva B10BLE's and Stagecoach BlueBirds were the last proper buses in this area, now all we're left with is knackered Cadets, 4191 and some of Stagecoach's Darts.

DB250s are the only buses left in the North West/Wales fleet that I class as old school Rhyl does have 922 still as Darts count but it's going very soon to be replaced by a Solo. Also the B10BLEs were the very last buses to be ordered by MEL (Arriva honared the order and changed it to there spec) so it's kind of the end of another era as well
(05/05/2018 13:13)darylyates17 Wrote:  DB250s are the only buses left in the North West/Wales fleet that I class as old school Rhyl does have 922 still as Darts count but it's going very soon to be replaced by a Solo. Also the B10BLEs were the very last buses to be ordered by MEL (Arriva honared the order and changed it to there spec) so it's kind of the end of another era as well

922 is only a 4 cylinder Dart so I don't really count it as a proper bus, in my eyes 849 was the last proper Dart. The Hawarden Lowlander is the last proper bus local to me now.
(05/05/2018 13:26)lenno121 Wrote:  922 is only a 4 cylinder Dart so I don't really count it as a proper bus, in my eyes 849 was the last proper Dart. The Hawarden Lowlander is the last proper bus local to me now.

The Stagecoach ones are also 4 cylinder..
(05/05/2018 16:46)Y727 KNF Wrote:  The Stagecoach ones are also 4 cylinder..

Oh yeah, forgot about that, so basically the Lowlanders and the Presidents along with 922 are the only proper buses left.
Have any of the Renowns gone to PVS yet some must be going soon if they haven't
2717 Y717 KNF is no longer showing as SORN on the DVLA, instead it shows as untaxed from 26th July 2018, I know when you sell a Bus even for scrap the SORN becomes invalid so its possible this is about to be scrapped?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
One thing I’m very curious about is how many Renown’s were Voith boxed as apart from the 20 with ANW I can’t think of any others
(27/12/2018 19:55)darylyates17 Wrote:  One thing I’m very curious about is how many Renown’s were Voith boxed as apart from the 20 with ANW I can’t think of any others

The W-EWU batch that used to run for Arriva Yorkshire have Voith gearboxes

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)