Current time: 23/04/2024, 11:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The X-ANC/HJA/OBN Dennis Darts
RE: The X-ANC/HJA/OBN Dennis Darts
2253 always looked smart in its new arriva livery with leds but the interior let it down as they never bothered to re-trim the seats. However that said it was an absolute barn stormer rumoured by a few drivers to do 60mph plus!

Also although not in this batch, mini pointer dart 859 (T529 AOB) & marshall bodied darts 7627/7628 i've been told by a macclesfield driver I know supposedly did 60+ too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Seen 2 Alex Darts this morning on the M57 one on the flat-bed PVS wagon the other on suspend tow, it was near Prescott heading for the M62 both were in the old livery.

My have come from Bootle???
(28/01/2016 17:44)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Seen 2 Alex Darts this morning on the M57 one on the flat-bed PVS wagon the other on suspend tow, it was near Prescott heading for the M62 both were in the old livery.

My have come from Bootle???

Well spotted!

These ALX200 Darts were still parked-up in Bootle depot at 10am, but by the afternoon they'd gone!
Pretty certain they were 2263 and 2265 (although one may have been 2268).

That's another two gone thenSad
Nothing major but one for the list, 2207 and 2262 have now been removed from Runcorn and sent for scrap.
2239 has disappeared from Southport.
Think 2239s already been withdrawn so probably off to the scrappers now. As an aside point, anybody know of a decent bus spotters book for the north west area plz???

There was a title by HB publications but apparently the fella compiling the fleet lists has retire, newun on the scene are ST publications but arriva NW & loads of other operators aint listed!
(11/02/2016 12:49)33109 Wrote:  There was a title by HB publications but apparently the fella compiling the fleet lists has retire, newun on the scene are ST publications but arriva NW & loads of other operators aint listed!

Sorry off topic like the quote but try Ian Allen book store in Manchester they normally have loads of different ones
(11/02/2016 16:25)Dentonian Wrote:  ST publish an Arriva and "London operators" book. Unfortunately, the fleet list publishing industry has taken on all the bad habits of the Operating industry; Instability; failure to provide for niche markets, instead bowing to the demands of the conformist worshippers of the "Great Wen"; and charging more for providing less.

Amazon will probably have something but it's finding the book that would be the problem there may not be a detailed description of whats inside.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
X272OBN all in white
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/97976164@N...86913@N05/
And 2267

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/97976164@N08/24664240600/

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)