Current time: 28/03/2024, 12:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rotala - Prestonbus
RE: Rotala - Prestonbus
I'm afraid I don't. All I have is a photo that a friend put on Facebook this morning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/05/2016 13:19)robertclark125 Wrote:  Anyone know why there's a Preston Bus versa at the Rotherham depot of First South Yorkshire?

Is it plain white or in the prestonbus park and ride livery?
In the Preston Bus livery. Still has fleetnames as well.
(01/05/2016 13:19)robertclark125 Wrote:  Anyone know why there's a Preston Bus versa at the Rotherham depot of First South Yorkshire?

Its possible its there for work to be carried out on it. I believe Rotherham carry out work for third parties as well as First.
Rotala buys Elite minibus
Blackpool Gazette reports that Rotala Preston bus have purchased small Blackpool coach company Elite Minibus. Possible further expansion into the Fylde?[/i]

A fylde coach and minibus company has been snapped up by the company which runs Preston’s buses.

Birmingham-based Rotala has invested £200,000 to buy Elite Minibus and Coach Services.

The firm based in Feltons Yard, Higher Moor Road, Blackpool, has a range of four to 53 seater vehicles and has been established on the Fylde for 28 years.

In a statement to the stock market, Rotala said: “This acquisition will broaden the range of services which Preston Bus is able to offer in this area of Lancashire and add to its geographical reach.”

Last month it raised £2.4m through a share placing to have a fighting fund for new acquisitions.

Rotala has had a turnover in the past couple of years of just over £50m and is aiming to generate revenue approaching £85m following its expansion.

Courtesy of http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk
RE: Rotala buys Elite minibus
(15/07/2016 19:36)DOG101 Wrote:  Blackpool Gazette reports that Rotala Preston bus have purchased small Blackpool coach company Elite Minibus. Possible further expansion into the Fylde?[/i]

A fylde coach and minibus company has been snapped up by the company which runs Preston’s buses.

Birmingham-based Rotala has invested £200,000 to buy Elite Minibus and Coach Services.

The firm based in Feltons Yard, Higher Moor Road, Blackpool, has a range of four to 53 seater vehicles and has been established on the Fylde for 28 years.

In a statement to the stock market, Rotala said: “This acquisition will broaden the range of services which Preston Bus is able to offer in this area of Lancashire and add to its geographical reach.”

Last month it raised £2.4m through a share placing to have a fighting fund for new acquisitions.

Rotala has had a turnover in the past couple of years of just over £50m and is aiming to generate revenue approaching £85m following its expansion.

Courtesy of http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk

Quite a strange acquirement really. Don't know much about Rotala outside of the North west but do they operate anything coach wise?
It's not as if there buying into a company that has general stage carriage work so will be interesting to see where they go with it.
It's a bit like stagecoach Manchester buying swans travel lol.
Could possibly be just for the ops discs etc rather than the coaches etc
(16/07/2016 00:15)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Could possibly be just for the ops discs etc rather than the coaches etc

True but I always thought Preston bus had a pretty large VA anyway but hasn't another Rotala group recently had a forced licence reduction? I'm wondering if its a 'cover all corners' attempt to have an extra ops licence/disks incase of future possible PIs but only time will tell.
Given that PrestonBus have taken over from Transdev on the Skipton route, they seem to want to be the strong 2nd operator in West Lancs behind Stagecoach.
Preston Bus already operate six Dennis Tridents on schools work in Blackpool. They rent space from Jacksons coaches, and the vehicles move on a Wednesday and Friday to and from Preston. By owning a depot in Blackpool, and having staff there, they won't need to pay rent, and have no maintainence facilities that they can use.

With regards to the Rotala subsidiary that had a reduction in its VA, that was in the west midlands, and had nothing to do with the North west. And even then, despite the problems in Kidderminster, I think that VA reduction was a long time ago.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)