Current time: 18/04/2024, 11:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rotala - Prestonbus
RE: Rotala - Prestonbus
Further to the incident here in Fife, where one of the new E400MMCs for Stagecoach arrived with legals for Preston Bus, ADL in Scarborough say they lettered the wrong vehicle up with Preston Bus legals, and have said they have been approached about an ADL demonstrator for Preston Bus. They would not say what type, but that Preston Bus, not Rotala, had approached them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Credit to Mike Rhodes Flickr

Scania Omnilink 30115 YT61FEU is being prepared for use here to replace a remaining Trident.

https://flic.kr/p/2gvxP8E
3 more Scania Omnilinks are due here believed to be 30116/7/8.

Streetlites 32301-6 will be going to Bolton.
(11/07/2019 15:02)Stevoj3026 Wrote:  3 more Scania Omnilinks are due here believed to be 30116/7/8.

Streetlites 32301-6 will be going to Bolton.

Is this because Preston don't like the Streetlites so have sent them on? as I understand the Scania's were originally intended for Bolton? or is it so they can meet TfGM air regulation conditions so have been told to send them onwards?
(11/07/2019 19:39)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Is this because Preston don't like the Streetlites so have sent them on? as I understand the Scania's were originally intended for Bolton? or is it so they can meet TfGM air regulation conditions so have been told to send them onwards?

Your wasting your time asking the original poster, they're just copying what's been posted/discussed under the Flickr image (some of it by me).

Rotala HQ decide what goes where, not Preston.

The Scania's were only ever on the 'potential cascade' list along with the B7RLE's that are transferring in to DBNW. It make sense to transfer the Scania's to Preston, as they already operate a number of single & double decker's. The majority of the buses being sourced by Rotala over & above those leased from First will be Euro 6 complaint, hence why the Streetlites are heading there, this isn't currently an issue in Preston.
(11/07/2019 23:44)Winston Wrote:  Your wasting your time asking the original poster, they're just copying what's been posted/discussed under the Flickr image (some of it by me).

Rotala HQ decide what goes where, not Preston.

The Scania's were only ever on the 'potential cascade' list along with the B7RLE's that are transferring in to DBNW. It make sense to transfer the Scania's to Preston, as they already operate a number of single & double decker's. The majority of the buses being sourced by Rotala over & above those leased from First will be Euro 6 complaint, hence why the Streetlites are heading there, this isn't currently an issue in Preston.

How many additional vehicles then are being sourced as the figure we were given on take-over was 160 were required and a 125 being leased, but is that 160 including most of Atherton's existing fleet or is that additional in order to keep the figure at Bolton at about 200?

So far there only appears evidence of about 12 additional vehicles having been sourced all from within Rotala so a lot of work to do me thinks over the next few weeks if the figure is an allocation of circa 200 vehicles!

As for follow on new vehicles that's another story that won't see much action I suspect till around Christmas. Ex Lease Stock might provide some leeway, I guess e.g. all the Streetlite's sent back of lease could be leased again or bought back!

If I was Rotala though Ii wouldn't use it as an opportunity to neglect Preston, that needs vehicles as well to come in, as the age profile there is already bad whether it requires new buses or not through legislation or local policy?
(14/07/2019 00:31)gilesbus1 Wrote:  How many additional vehicles then are being sourced as the figure we were given on take-over was 160 were required and a 125 being leased, but is that 160 including most of Atherton's existing fleet or is that additional in order to keep the figure at Bolton at about 200?

So far there only appears evidence of about 12 additional vehicles having been sourced all from within Rotala so a lot of work to do me thinks over the next few weeks if the figure is an allocation of circa 200 vehicles!

As for follow on new vehicles that's another story that won't see much action I suspect till around Christmas. Ex Lease Stock might provide some leeway, I guess e.g. all the Streetlite's sent back of lease could be leased again or bought back!

If I was Rotala though Ii wouldn't use it as an opportunity to neglect Preston, that needs vehicles as well to come in, as the age profile there is already bad whether it requires new buses or not through legislation or local policy?

You tell the rest of us, you seem to be able to predict the future !?! Just don't ever give up your day job....

Why would Rotala want to buy or lease back stock they once operated? do you not think they were offered it before returning it. You'll notice they've all sat gathering dust / losing value month on month ever since being returned.

It's a good job you're not Rotala, you'd have a small depot located here, there & everywhere and they'd be bankrupt. Hammer
(17/07/2019 01:20)Winston Wrote:  You tell the rest of us, you seem to be able to predict the future !?! Just don't ever give up your day job....

Why would Rotala want to buy or lease back stock they once operated? do you not think they were offered it before returning it. You'll notice they've all sat gathering dust / losing value month on month ever since being returned.

It's a good job you're not Rotala, you'd have a small depot located here, there & everywhere and they'd be bankrupt. Hammer

Have I said I would have a small depot here there and everywhere? Its just I do not like Super Depots, for the reasons I've already explained, and justified elsewhere, and yes I can read accounts considering I have a BA Hons in Business Admin, and I know when something is failing and take appropriate action, not as you seem to be suggesting.
(17/07/2019 09:24)Winston Wrote:  Sorry, I forgot having a degree means you know everything.

No, but it does mean I know when something is making a loss and I would take appropriate action. If somewhere has to close due to losses then it has to close. When on separate sites much easier to move than if a super depot makes a loss, then its a catastrophe.

Lets not forget Delaine have no Super Depot and you don't see them closing down, its the longest running bus company in Britain. Lets not make this personal either, I haven't directed language at you, so please don't do it to me. Its around a wider issue that you will not change my mind on.
Yes, please no personal attacks between members here, keep the thread about the buses please!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)