Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rotala - Prestonbus
RE: Rotala - Prestonbus
I presume this was an error on the part of Plaxton, at Scarborough, but one of the new Stagecoach East Scotland E400MMCs, 11191, arrived at this firm with legal lettering for Preston Bus. One other suggestion was that it was going to be demonstrated to PB. If that was the case, why not simply borrow one of the existing Stagecoach MCSL E400MMCs instead?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/05/2019 19:57)robertclark125 Wrote:  I presume this was an error on the part of Plaxton, at Scarborough, but one of the new Stagecoach East Scotland E400MMCs, 11191, arrived at this firm with legal lettering for Preston Bus. One other suggestion was that it was going to be demonstrated to PB. If that was the case, why not simply borrow one of the existing Stagecoach MCSL E400MMCs instead?

Its quite odd as ADL or Plaxton are not building anything for Rotala and never have, therefore can't understand how they would come to legal something up for Preston Bus. So presume something must be due here on demonstration loan and the wrong vehicle has been lettered up. If its a decker that is coming, that tells me there is some intention to replace the 10 Hybrid Volvo's off lease with a similar number of new deckers, presumably on lease over a two year period, as the Wright Streetdeck demo was recently tested here. Maybe though there is an intention to buy E200MMC's as an alternative to Wright Streetlites, who knows?
The official line from Preston Bus is that there may soon be considering a demonstrator from ADL, though they didn't say which one. In addition, the vehicle that went to Stagecoach Fife, 11191, was not intended for use by Preston Bus, and they would not borrow any vehicle from Stagecoach in Preston, in case customers were confused.

So, it simply appears that ADL at Scarborough just managed to put the wrong legal lettering on the vehicle.
(25/05/2019 20:11)robertclark125 Wrote:  The official line from Preston Bus is that there may soon be considering a demonstrator from ADL, though they didn't say which one. In addition, the vehicle that went to Stagecoach Fife, 11191, was not intended for use by Preston Bus, and they would not borrow any vehicle from Stagecoach in Preston, in case customers were confused.

So, it simply appears that ADL at Scarborough just managed to put the wrong legal lettering on the vehicle.

How high up the management scale did that official line come from? As the Group CEO doesn't want to deal with ADL.
It came from John Asquith, the operations director at Preston Bus.

Staying with PB, this has appeared in the legal publication, The Gazette. It was posted on another forum, so I've posted it here. I guess the involvement of Preston Bus, in this instance, is possibly due to the purchase of vehicles, and PB weren't paid.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3276650
(27/05/2019 19:16)robertclark125 Wrote:  It came from John Asquith, the operations director at Preston Bus.

Staying with PB, this has appeared in the legal publication, The Gazette. It was posted on another forum, so I've posted it here. I guess the involvement of Preston Bus, in this instance, is possibly due to the purchase of vehicles, and PB weren't paid.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3276650

I'm not so sure Simon Dunn will be buying anything from ADL, especially after years of refusing to deal with them.

I'm led to believe Preston Bus may be having some Streetdecks later in the year.
Volvo B9TLs 40602-5 are going off lease this weekend
Any replacements?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(30/05/2019 09:20)childwallblues Wrote:  Any replacements?

No - reduced pvr requirement when the 280 is withdrawn mid next month.
An update on the 280:

Service 280 - Preston - Clitheroe - Skipton
**Latest**

As customers are aware commercial operation of the 280 service finishes in a fortnight. The last Preston Bus journeys run on Saturday 15th June.

Following de-registration of the service, bids to operate the 280 with financial backing by Lancashire County Council were assessed. We expect a decision from LCC on the future of the service on Monday 3rd June. The decision should be public the following day (Tuesday 4th June).

The level of service of any contracted route should be akin to the existing 280 commercial service.

Preston Bus is unlikely to operate the service going forward. We would like to thank all current and past customers on the service for their support. Our driving team on the 280 have shown a special affinity with the customers and also wish to pass on their best wishes for the future.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)