Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot
RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot
There was an X2 Scania on the 917 Anfield runs last night, so it could have been this you saw.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It must have been on the way to Anfield to start another run on the 917 then, how come it was being used?
I see that the X2 times have changed, again. Most notable is that the first bus out of the depot is now the 0429 to Liverpool rather running OOS to Liverpool before taking up service. I never could understand how what must have been the longest OOS run in the country could be justified. It will be interesting to see if anyone uses this new early morning service.
(21/11/2016 22:34)Barney Wrote:  I see that the X2 times have changed, again. Most notable is that the first bus out of the depot is now the 0429 to Liverpool rather running OOS to Liverpool before taking up service. I never could understand how what must have been the longest OOS run in the country could be justified. It will be interesting to see if anyone uses this new early morning service.

I have never understood why they haven't split the route between Gilmoss and Preston. Would seem much more efficient.
Still dead running from the Depot as first 2 Buses from Liverpool leave before that X2 gets to Liverpool

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/11/2016 10:24)rod_259 Wrote:  I have never understood why they haven't split the route between Gillmoss and Preston. Would seem much more efficient.

I think this was tried when the X2 first started but for some reason didn't last long.
(22/11/2016 10:24)rod_259 Wrote:  I have never understood why they haven't split the route between Gillmoss and Preston. Would seem much more efficient.

Different rates of pay is the main reason.
There is also another extra bus added into it
(22/11/2016 16:14)mr t Wrote:  There is also another extra bus added into it

Wasn't the Liverpool to Crossens a Gilmoss service prior to the introduction of the X2?
Yeah it used to be the 284, from the old MTL days, then Arriva renumbered it to 47/48, and CMT Buses then GTL then Stagecoach continued as the 284.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)