Current time: 18/04/2024, 21:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel - 30 Year Plan
RE: Merseytravel - 30 Year Plan
An article published today makes reference to a few stations that could re-open in the next few years, Some gives an update on where abouts plans are

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...hEYjWHX9H4

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'd like to see the Sunday service frequency increased, at least every 20 minutes on the branches, if not to Monday to Saturday frequency levels, frequencies have been the same since the mid 90s when Chester/Ellesmere Port branches were electrified, Sundays are increasingly becoming more & more popular, with people working/shopping/leisure ecc, on those days, the only line that gets increased frequency is Liverpool Central-Southport, & that's only in the summer, i believe Merseyrail struggled to cope with the football crowds for the Liverpool-Burnley match on Sunday

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
I think increasing Sunday service frequencies may have to wait until Merseyrail can restructure the drivers pay to include sunday in to the working week , but can you see that coming after all the union disruption recently on Merseyrail and Northern ?
(11/03/2019 23:59)MTL0201 Wrote:  I'd like to see the Sunday service frequency increased, at least every 20 minutes on the branches, if not to Monday to Saturday frequency levels, frequencies have been the same since the mid 90s when Chester/Ellesmere Port branches were electrified, Sundays are increasingly becoming more & more popular, with people working/shopping/leisure ecc, on those days, the only line that gets increased frequency is Liverpool Central-Southport, & that's only in the summer, i believe Merseyrail struggled to cope with the football crowds for the Liverpool-Burnley match on Sunday

Southport frequency is 30 minutes all year on Sundays. The Summer enhancement to a 15 minute frequency Liverpool to Southport disappeared in 2017 during the guards strikes and has never been restored.
(12/03/2019 13:30)L544 Wrote:  Southport frequency is 15 minutes all year on Sundays. The Summer enhancement to a 15 minute frequency Liverpool to Southport disappeared in 2017 during the guards strikes and has never been restored.

Is that supposed to read 30 mins on Sundays , because that is what the Merseyrail Northern Line timetable booklet has it at .
(12/03/2019 14:29)wirralbus Wrote:  Is that supposed to read 30 mins on Sundays , because that is what the Merseyrail Northern Line timetable booklet has it at .

Sorry for getting it all wrong, yes it is 30 minutes all year on Sundays.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)