Current time: 29/03/2024, 11:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Real Time Bus Displays
Real Time Bus Displays
This morning I noticed that the real time bus stop displays in Crosby Islington were working. However, when I took a closer look I was surprised to see that the destinations of the routes were not quite right. According to one display the 53A now terminates at Croxteth Park instead of Aintree Station and the 54 at a place called Moor Park instead of Thornton. A worried old dear asked me if the buses to Thornton had been re-routed. I assured her that the displays were not yet fully operational and that she should ignore what she read.

I don't profess to even begin to understand how this IT system works, but I do think that the screens should be left blank until all of the glitches are ironed out.

On a positive note, the displays look really impressive and will be of real benefit to bus users when they are fully functional.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Real Time Bus Displays
(24/08/2014 15:35)Barney Wrote:  This morning I noticed that the real time bus stop displays in Crosby Islington were working. However, when I took a closer look I was surprised to see that the destinations of the routes were not quite right. According to one display the 53A now terminates at Croxteth Park instead of Aintree Station and the 54 at a place called Moor Park instead of Thornton. A worried old dear asked me if the buses to Thornton had been re-routed. I assured her that the displays were not yet fully operational and that she should ignore what she read.

I don't profess to even begin to understand how this IT system works, but I do think that the screens should be left blank until all of the glitches are ironed out.

On a positive note, the displays look really impressive and will be of real benefit to bus users when they are fully functional.

Sounds to me like as much of a disaster as those original ferrograph ones from SMART days! From what I've seen the Wirral ones are relatively accurate

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)