Current time: 19/04/2024, 08:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Taxis
Taxis
Couldnt find a thread for taxis so thought id put one here.
Last night i phoned and ordered a private hire taxi to take me home from work as an unexpected situation had arisen at home which required my immediate attention i walked to the pick up point and and a black Peugeot hackney cab pulled in i recived a text message to say this was my taxi with the vehicles reg number on it and as i approached a woman came from nowhere and jumped in it and the taxi drove off i immeadiatley phone the taxi company back to explain what had happened and they sent me another taxi. I know the first one was a hackney i dont think he should have picked up the woman as i had pre booked and received the text saying that vehicle was mine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Taxis
I find it interesting to browse Liverpool City Council Licensing Department's Hackney Carriage Register online.

There are around 1413 taxis currently licensed of which I've seen about 1200. Although the LTI TX series still overwhelmingly predominates, accounting for over 90% of Liverpool taxis, the balance is shifting: around half of the cabs new in the last 5 years are Peugeot E7s, with the Mercedes Vito also on the increase, up from three examples to nine since October.

Notably there are still three Carbodies/Fairway FX4s plying for hire: R866 VLW, N423 CMT, and most remarkably G965 EHC, which celebrates its 26th birthday next week and is a full six years older than the next oldest active taxi.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
One strange anomaly I have noticed recently is that several older vehicles have recently (re)appeared on the register, including:
M196 USG (FX4)
M289 LYT (FX4)
P596 SUV (FX4)
T351 MNE (Metrocab)
X467 JOJ (Metrocab)

The odd thing is that although they all have current MoTs and hackney licences, they are not taxed, and in one case (M196 USG), apparently hasn't been for over 16 years!

Is there a scenario in which licensed taxis might be used entirely off public roads and therefore not need tax? Clutching at straws, maybe airside use or something like that?
(25/02/2016 21:12)Quackdave Wrote:  Notably there are still three Carbodies/Fairway FX4s plying for hire: R866 VLW, N423 CMT, and most remarkably G965 EHC, which celebrates its 26th birthday next week and is a full six years older than the next oldest active taxi.

I've seen both the G-reg and N-reg FX4 recently but I don't think I've seen the R-reg one before. It's a shame there's not as many FX4s around as there used to be 10 or 15 years ago
Find all posts by this user
A friend of mine is into his Taxis and i have to admit every time am in Liverpool i always see Fairway R866 VLW, Half the time its parked up in that Taxi Rank by Met Quater

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(25/02/2016 21:12)Quackdave Wrote:  I find it interesting to browse Liverpool City Council Licensing Department's Hackney Carriage Register online.

There are around 1413 taxis currently licensed of which I've seen about 1200. Although the LTI TX series still overwhelmingly predominates, accounting for over 90% of Liverpool taxis, the balance is shifting: around half of the cabs new in the last 5 years are Peugeot E7s, with the Mercedes Vito also on the increase, up from three examples to nine since October.

Notably there are still three Carbodies/Fairway FX4s plying for hire: R866 VLW, N423 CMT, and most remarkably G965 EHC, which celebrates its 26th birthday next week and is a full six years older than the next oldest active taxi.

Using the link you given in Post 2 i searched for Fairways, N423 CMT does not show up however R727 FCA does

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(26/02/2016 15:13)T42 PVM Wrote:  Using the link you given in Post 2 i searched for Fairways, N423 CMT does not show up however R727 FCA does

It's because they're not very consistent in the way they record makes and models - N423 CMT is recorded as an "LTI Fairway" (i.e. with "Fairway" as the model rather than make), whereas R727 FCA is recorded as a "Fairways TX1" rather than the usual "LTI TX1".
I see it now, Thanks, Whats the Fairway that Taxi A1 have as i remember seeing it a while back on Soccer Service at St Georges Hall

Not sure about that one, there are a few photos of it on Taxi One's website, but none I could find that enable it to be identified.

It also says that they have a VW Transporter, a make not represented at all in the LCC HCV register, so I wonder if maybe they're not actually hackney-licensed (even though the website implies that they are). I presume if they're being used as taxibuses under a PCV restricted operator's licence, then they wouldn't need to be.

On the subject of Fairways, I believe there are still a few licensed in other Merseyside boroughs - I saw P471 SUW recently, which I think may be Sefton-licensed.
And a couple of Wirral ones, N160 OYU and P295 EHC.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)