Current time: 25/04/2024, 14:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
Will check in morning if 2582 is at Jacko when I go in work
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2582 is indeed at St Helens and out on the 33's today
Nothing seems to be tracking on the evening 288 service currently.
4700-5 are all now tracking on the 281-7 group of services.

4707-8 are still working in Macclesfield.

4706 hasn't tracked at all since it worked in Northwich on April 1st.
Now Arriva have the evening and Sunday 288, while Little Gem retain Mon-Sat daytime, are there any differences in the single fares depending on which operator is running the service at the time you travel?
Forgot to mention at the time, but on Wednesday afternoon I was surprised to see Pulsar 3101 pass my flat on the 285. It came back on the next 286.Of course, this is normally a Strada duty. I would imagine that getting a full sized saloon round the mini roundabout at the junction of Thorley Lane and Wood Lane was quite a tricky manoeuvre.
(29/05/2022 20:14)EDB325 Wrote:  Forgot to mention at the time, but on Wednesday afternoon I was surprised to see Pulsar 3101 pass my flat on the 285. It came back on the next 286.Of course, this is normally a Strada duty. I would imagine that getting a full sized saloon round the mini roundabout at the junction of Thorley Lane and Wood Lane was quite a tricky manoeuvre.

I'm guessing that won't be the first time, if the choice of vehicles at Wythenshawe are minibuses and full length ones, with nothing in between e.g. Solos.
(30/05/2022 10:56)knutstransport Wrote:  I'm guessing that won't be the first time, if the choice of vehicles at Wythenshawe are minibuses and full length ones, with nothing in between e.g. Solos.

And yet in other parts of the Arriva network, Solo's are on routes where their capacity is no longer suitable, I'm looking at you St Helens.
(30/05/2022 11:52)St Helens Rider Wrote:  And yet in other parts of the Arriva network, Solo's are on routes where their capacity is no longer suitable, I'm looking at you St Helens.

I think the risk works both ways. This time it was a Pulsar filling in for a Strada but if there's a shortage of usable Pulsars, then it'll be a Strada that's required to fill in. Didn't that actually happen on the 130 once when it still ran in to Manchester?
(30/05/2022 12:20)knutstransport Wrote:  I think the risk works both ways. This time it was a Pulsar filling in for a Strada but if there's a shortage of usable Pulsars, then it'll be a Strada that's required to fill in. Didn't that actually happen on the 130 once when it still ran in to Manchester?

The 130 did see the Strata's midweek, but just on the last journey which only went as far as East Didsbury and that was cross linked off a Macc town service. However, in the last months of it running on Sundays, they were the normal allocation and reached Manchester all day. An odd sight in Oxford Road amongst all the busy Stagecoach Magic Buses.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)