Current time: 16/04/2024, 06:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
From new timetable on arriva website then yes, must be saving a few buses, does anyone know how much school work bolton has this next school year
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/08/2017 15:14)mtl97 Wrote:  From new timetable on arriva website then yes, must be saving a few buses, does anyone know how much school work bolton has this next school year

By the looks of things, it's the same as last year, Not much
[quote='mtl97' pid='110382' dateline='1502277559']
How many routes has wythenshawe got left now schools have gone, i see the 18 from september is after sale diverted to altrincham not serving wythenshawe & airport, are all 130s now run from macc, thanks in advance for answers

Current routes are the 18, 19, 245, 247 and 263.
Wright Gemini bodied Volvo B7TL LJ51DJE is currently sat in Wythenshawe Depot. Four of the Plaxton bodied DAF'S were also parked up, whilst another was out on the 18.
(09/08/2017 19:26)James Frisby Wrote:  Wright Gemini bodied Volvo B7TL LJ51DJE is currently sat in Wythenshawe Depot. Four of the Plaxton bodied DAF'S were also parked up, whilst another was out on the 18.

Last night saw 4162 on the 263 leaving Altrincham about 22:15, I'd love to know why...

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/08/2017 11:19)mtl97 Wrote:  How many routes has wythenshawe got left now schools have gone, i see the 18 from september is after sale diverted to altrincham not serving wythenshawe & airport, are all 130s now run from macc, thanks in advance for answers

TfGM to change 18 evening contract (operated by MCT) so it replicates the new 18 Arriva route. They also propose re-routing the (Goodwins) 278 to serve Firbank Road, which is currently served by the 18 route. They cite Metrolink as an alternative between Northern Moor and Manchester Airport but have cited that some Wythenshawe residents say they can't afford higher Metrolink fares.
How do the cost of daily and weekly tickets compare between Arriva and Metrolink?
(17/08/2017 20:20)Dentonian Wrote:  I read that, and frankly I was surprised. I did some comparisons and found betwen Northern Moor, Wythenshawe and he Airport, Metrolink was pretty cheap. Without checking again, iirc Peak returns were £3.80 from Northern Moor to Wythenshawe (3 miles?) and just £2.40 from Wythenshawe to the Airport (well over a mile). I would have thought the more logical objection was the extra walking distance.

On a seperate issue; why on earth are Arriva sticking with the number 18, as it will now be completely different. For those outside the area, we are talking miles and miles off the current route. It should be renumbered something like 248

Completely agree regards prices. Sounds to me like someone objecting who doesn't use the service, or they've simply used a generic argument from something previous.

I live on the affected stretch of 18 route, and with the exception of a peak travelcard (and to be fair metrolink is a lot bigger than arrivas network), the tram is cheaper or the same price for single, return, and weekly/monthly.

Some Bus services are struggling in the area, but I think the tram has simply accelerated a decline that was already in place on certain routes.
(18/08/2017 06:21)knutstransport Wrote:  How do the cost of daily and weekly tickets compare between Arriva and Metrolink?

From my stop iirc(northern moor, tram prices based on a season to the airport). Weekly - tram £2 more , monthly same price. However you have to bear in mind that arriva don't run any evening services in wyth, so you may need an s1 which is more than the tram.

A few stops down the line and the tram will be cheaper on all fronts.

A peak return on the tram is cheaper than arrivas daysaver.
Currently the last two northbound contracted services on the 18 route only go as far as Sale Moor. Given the 263 and Metrolink both run until late presumably they'll be no need for those services if they originate from Altrincham instead of Manchester Airport? Also as MCT interwork the 18 and 288 evening services, possibly the 288 timetable will need revising to keep the same PVR on their evening services?

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)