Current time: 25/04/2024, 11:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Rhyl Depot
Who agrees with me that the 11/11a/11g/11m rhyl - chester needs a better frequency , so the service operates every 20 minutes instead of every 30 mins.

Also who thinks the services 12/51 need more buses per hour
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Increasing frequency sometimes isnt the best idea , maybe vehicles with more capacity is a better idea , its just trying to find them vehicles in the Arriva empire.
(29/09/2013 15:16)wirralbus Wrote:  Increasing frequency sometimes isnt the best idea , maybe vehicles with more capacity is a better idea , its just trying to find them vehicles in the Arriva empire.

They are already operated by wright gemeni 2s though. How bigger can arriva rhyl get.
Another problem is Operating Disc's if you increase the amount of vehicles at Rhyl , by increasing the frequencies somebody else in the company is going to have to start losing operating discs to cover unless they go for an increase in disc's but that comes at a price , I fear.
(29/09/2013 16:16)wirralbus Wrote:  Another problem is Operating Disc's if you increase the amount of vehicles at Rhyl , by increasing the frequencies somebody else in the company is going to have to start losing operating discs to cover unless they go for an increase in disc's but that comes at a price , I fear.

what do you mean - operating discs?
(29/09/2013 17:28)Conbus Wrote:  
(29/09/2013 16:16)wirralbus Wrote:  Another problem is Operating Disc's if you increase the amount of vehicles at Rhyl , by increasing the frequencies somebody else in the company is going to have to start losing operating discs to cover unless they go for an increase in disc's but that comes at a price , I fear.

The companies only have a certain vehicle allocation at depots , usually depends on size of depot and available space , looking at where Rhyl depot is there doesnt look much space , it certaintly looks a tight fit .

I do wonder what the Authorisation is for Arriva Buses Wales as a whole and Rhyl on its own.
(29/09/2013 18:30)wirralbus Wrote:  
(29/09/2013 17:28)Conbus Wrote:  

The companies only have a certain vehicle allocation at depots , usually depends on size of depot and available space , looking at where Rhyl depot is there doesnt look much space , it certaintly looks a tight fit .

I do wonder what the Authorisation is for Arriva Buses Wales as a whole and Rhyl on its own.
well i live near the depot and there is room for about 8 more buses. the depot goes quite deep back if u get what i mean. also they could store some buses at chester hawarden depot as it has room
I think Chester and Rhyl could work the 11\11a\11g\11m together and bring in a few more deckers for it also then there could be a few more journeys to Chester til roughly 7 or 8 that could finish in Chester, run oos to Chester garage then do the first 11 journeys the next morning
(29/09/2013 18:52)M393VWX Wrote:  I think Chester and Rhyl could work the 11\11a\11g\11m together and bring in a few more deckers for it also then there could be a few more journeys to Chester til roughly 7 or 8 that could finish in Chester, run oos to Chester garage then do the first 11 journeys the next morning

i agree the route only needs 5 more buses anyway to make it a 20 mins service frequency. the extra 5 buses could be based at chester
Is there now a capacity issue on the 11 route? There certainly wasn't when I last used it, but that was back when the Geminis were brand new.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)