Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Stagecoach Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Wigan
The only vehicles going from Wigan are those reserve Darts. Everything else is being sourced from the main Manchester fleet.

Don't forget that 17484 is another recent single door conversion painted into swoops and in reserve...

If things are really desperate then I'm sure the delivery of Wigan's new E400MMCs could be brought forward by a week or two; currently they're scheduled to be delivered at the start of October but ADL are usually a coupe of weeks ahead anyway.
Find all posts by this user
(16/08/2015 12:32)robertclark125 Wrote:  Several double deckers at east Scotland are surplus now due to school contract losses in Fife, so possible cascades to Wigan from there?

Nope, going directly to Plymouth.
(16/08/2015 12:21)Dentonian Wrote:  I guess you might mean Ferrymill, not First. Stagecoach Manchester don't hire from competing Operators - unless the DVLA remove them from the road, as happened some 10-15 years ago! Only slight problem is that Ferrymill only have single-deckers, whilst Hyde Road is (odd tender apart) or should be 100% 'decker operated. What might happen is an Enviro400 may transfer from Stockport, as they are cutting a local service (329) from 30 August. Whilst that's an Enviro200 route, I'm sure there is spare capacity somewhere (192 for instance!)

Existing First vehicles in Plymouth may be hired by Stagecoach for a brief period including 3 x Enviro400 and a few East Lancs Tridents.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
The Park & Ride vehicles are supposedly to be hired/loaned/whatever you want to call it - until the end of the year/early next year.
Which funnily enough is when there is a gap in current ADL planned deliveries...
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)