Current time: 16/04/2024, 04:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Could a staff member delete this post please if possible
Could a staff member delete this post please if possible
Could a staff member delete this message please if possible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Dreaming about buses
Strange....

I've had ones where I see a Manchester Enviro400 in Keswick on the 78, but that's about it
From what I remember Arriva provided buses for A Touch of Frost on more than one occasion, always branded as Arrobus.
(07/04/2014 13:46)jcksmnr Wrote:  From what I remember Arriva provided buses for A Touch of Frost on more than one occasion, always branded as Arrobus.

That's right, that particular episode (Dead End) from series 14 that features Arriva buses disguised as Arrobus really stands out. Even the most casual of viewers could surely tell the buses were Arriva!

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
It would probably get blown up passing through the middle east
The 510 was indeed a former MTL route. Liverpool - Wigan at first, then extended to Bolton and at one point went through to Walkden.

You were getting about faster than the GM Express 34 used to!
I've had quite a few.

"K789 DAO" - I once had a strange dream where I was heading into Bury interchange to catch the 472/4 home, and I saw this stood in stand T (waiting for P or R to become clear) it was strangely painted in the First Manchester "tomato soup" livery. However, when I approached it I noticed it had actually crashed through the barrier. I then heard one of the drivers say "oh well, at least the other two are ok" (referring to K790 DAO and K791 DAO)

"New bus for Manchester" - this time I am riding one of the Wrightbus NBFL's on the 8 (Bolton - Manchester), it was painted in the latest First livery and numbered in the 3XXXX series (presumably fully owned by First Manchester). However, since I had never heard the sound of any of them at the time, it had the sounds of an Enviro 400 (SN12 non-Hybrid batch).

"Farewell 258" - Around the time that Rosso 258 was withdrawn and sent for scrap I frequently dreamt of both 258 (CU04 AMX) and 102 (PN57 LGF). 258 often appeared until I finally managed to get a ride on another MAN 14.220, in the form of Arriva 2829 (MF52 LZB), and 102 stopped appearing when I got on 102 itself.

"The odd Citaro" - In this dream I was riding First 64029 (BX02 CMK) on the 472, I got on at Bury interchange and alighted at the nearest stop to the vet clinic in Ramsbottom, I don't exactly know why I was there but I met someone I knew who mentioned he had a crush on someone he had met. We both walked back down to the bus stop where he saw the girl he was talking about, however 64029 reappeared again (having done the full circular) and stopped at the bus stop (but we where still at the other side of the road), the girl standing at the bus stop boarded 64029 and it departed. After it left the guy I was talking to pointed out that the bus was different somehow to most of the other (Citaros) he has seen. 64029 was in the old First livery (even though it has been repainted in real to the Current livery).

At the time this last one happened I hadn't seen 64029 in several weeks, yet it reappeared soon after (working 92/93/98).

I wonder what will be next, 10017 (X401 CSG)?
I had a dream the other night that the Wythenshawe Enviro300s (2740-9) transferred to St Helens, and were to be found on the 352...

I've had one or two odd ones (I'm from the Midlands, if you can't tell!):

One of them, a couple of months ago now, was that I was in Walsall, waiting for a 4 to West Brom to go and see one of the new Enviro400s on the Soho Rd (74/75), and the bus that turned up, rather than being an OmniLink, was a Metrobus! I was amazed by this, ad asked the driver ''Mate, why is there a Metrobus on the 4? They've been withdrawn for 4 years!'' with the reply being ''Don't ask me! At least this is better than the OmniStinks!''. As I was going up the road, I saw an OmniLink coming down the Pleck Rd displaying ''451 Sutton Coldfield'' (A route that was renumbered to 5 a couple of years, and has never gone anywhere near Walsall!). I've never worked out what the meaning of that was!

The other one was last week, and I dreamt I was on a Trident on the 9 (An E400MMC route) arriving on Great Charles St Queensway in Birmingham, and a car pulled out of nowhere, hitting the bus head on, and causing me to go flying into the next seat! The unnerving thing about this was that the same day, I was on 4433 on the 140 at the same location, when a Nissan smacked into the side of the bus (which I mistook initially for the driver having hit two pedestrians who had ran in front of the bus). No one was injured, but the Nissan looked like its front end was hanging off!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)