Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Impera Bus & Coach
RE: Impera Bus & Coach
(12/06/2012 22:57)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Quite Suprised to hear Impera's KA02 (reg I think) Dennis Dart this morning passing near Queensway Tunnel this morning as it has the 5.9litre engine. sounds really good this Dart however I'm Suprised they did those engines upto 2002 tbh

They didn't, when the new Euro3 regs was coming up, ADL offered the Euro3 engine a bit soon to stop people opting for other manufacturers. The problem was shifting the last of the Euro2 buses once they'd allowed operators to specify Euro3. There was a number of stored chassis that had to be shifted and got sold at a reduced price and a few just crept into 2002, Happy Als had one that went to D&G.

If you look at the chassis numbers on bus lists on the web you will spot that KU02 YUE is 16559 but KU02 YUH goes down to 15881 then KU02 YUJ jumps back up to 16560.

KU02YUH should be a 'Y' plate, but buses around that time were already being held back to try and get new style '51' plates.
Find all posts by this user
(12/06/2012 23:35)P450 SWX Wrote:  
(12/06/2012 22:11)P450 SWX Wrote:  I believe 2 more buses have arrived can anyone on firm one is a X plate

1 driver said its come from the same company as the W plate and it's X187BNH can't confirm and dunno what other one is

Also 2 X plate darts from Blue Dimond have been acquired thanks to a driver I know he said there poss for the 106 as they have supposedly got it if not for anything
(13/06/2012 09:19)Willowbrook Wrote:  They didn't, when the new Euro3 regs was coming up, ADL offered the Euro3 engine a bit soon to stop people opting for other manufacturers. The problem was shifting the last of the Euro2 buses once they'd allowed operators to specify Euro3. There was a number of stored chassis that had to be shifted and got sold at a reduced price and a few just crept into 2002, Happy Als had one that went to D&G.

If you look at the chassis numbers on bus lists on the web you will spot that KU02 YUE is 16559 but KU02 YUH goes down to 15881 then KU02 YUJ jumps back up to 16560.

KU02YUH should be a 'Y' plate, but buses around that time were already being held back to try and get new style '51' plates.

Given this I wonder has it got a genuine Plaxton body rather than an Alexander built Pointer 2 as the split on the body production was as far as I know, in line with the Euro2/Euro3 split however there could be examples either side that I've never noticed!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Latest arrivals are,

Ex Wigan Buses Dennis Dart SLF 10.7M with Plaxton Pointer 2 body X187 BNH.
Ex Blue Diamond Dennis Dart SLF 10.1M with Plaxton Pointer 2 body V164 MVX.
Ex Blue Diamond Dennis Dart SLF 9.3M with Plaxton Pointer 2 body V152 MVX.
Ex Dawson Rentals Dennis Dart SLF 10.1M with Plaxton Pointer 2 body S538 JLM still in dual door configuration.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/06/2012 14:15)R557 ABA Wrote:  Latest arrivals are,

Ex Wigan Buses Dennis Dart SLF 10.7M with Plaxton Pointer 2 body X187 BNH.
Ex Blue Diamond Dennis Dart SLF 10.1M with Plaxton Pointer 2 body V164 MVX.
Ex Blue Diamond Dennis Dart SLF 9.3M with Plaxton Pointer 2 body V152 MVX.
Ex Dawson Rentals Dennis Dart SLF 10.1M with Plaxton Pointer 2 body S538 JLM still in dual door configuration.

Thanks Tom - I'll update the Impera fleetlist shortly Smile
What's the 4 darts for
(13/06/2012 09:19)Willowbrook Wrote:  
(12/06/2012 22:57)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Quite Suprised to hear Impera's KA02 (reg I think) Dennis Dart this morning passing near Queensway Tunnel this morning as it has the 5.9litre engine. sounds really good this Dart however I'm Suprised they did those engines upto 2002 tbh

They didn't, when the new Euro3 regs was coming up, ADL offered the Euro3 engine a bit soon to stop people opting for other manufacturers. The problem was shifting the last of the Euro2 buses once they'd allowed operators to specify Euro3. There was a number of stored chassis that had to be shifted and got sold at a reduced price and a few just crept into 2002, Happy Als had one that went to D&G.

Ah that's very interesting tbh! Thanks for the info

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
(13/06/2012 15:34)P450 SWX Wrote:  What's the 4 darts for

They are buses, for picking up passengers and dropping them off along bus routes. Thats in general what the 4 darts are for.

Cool Life is for living !
Yes but they don't need them in my opinion
Dont they have Merseytravel contracts that they have to fulfil that start in the summer , perhaps they are for that work.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)