Current time: 28/03/2024, 21:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(17/02/2019 17:55)motormayhem1 Wrote:  According to form they wont be used in normal service as the centre doors will still be in use for rails and events.

Theoretically that will be the plan but in s needs much situation I'm sure one or two might be used.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/02/2019 11:20)Brickmill Wrote:  I don't want to get into the details of these particular services, but these comments do give an interesting insight into attitudes that prevail. In a nutshell, what CJF seems to be saying is that potential inconvience of loyal service bus customers is acceptable because the company/depot/shareholders benefit. Unless of course the mega money goes back to the 437 etc one way or another?
As Arriva are a 'publicly' owned company, they have no shareholders. Or were you speaking generally?.
(17/02/2019 23:02)Olympian2100
Wrote:  
As Arriva are a 'publicly' owned company, they have no shareholders. Or were you speaking generally?.

I m forgetting they aren't British. I was speaking generally in terms of this growing trend in the bus industry to disregard - I was going to use a stronger word - their most loyal customers. Also, I didn't realise from the original posts that only some. working s were affected. Provided the busiest journeys retain decker s then maybe the inconvenience risk is indeed slight
4176 on the 409 today
(20/02/2019 14:08)mrailman200 Wrote:  4176 on the 409 today

Alongside 4176 is 4211 also on 409 a complete and utter waste of resources when there's plenty of single deckers on 432/433/437. In other news 2603 is now here.
Looks like due to Victoria St roadworks, all Arriva Cross River services are terminating at Whitechapel / starting Sir Thomas St this
All noticed some Green Lane 14 services terminating at Queen Sq
(20/02/2019 14:18)N304CLV Wrote:  Alongside 4176 is 4211 also on 409 a complete and utter waste of resources when there's plenty of single deckers on 432/433/437. In other news 2603 is now here.

And a hybrid on 410s..
(20/02/2019 17:24)N271CKB Wrote:  Looks like due to Victoria St roadworks, all Arriva Cross River services are terminating at Whitechapel / starting Sir Thomas St this
All noticed some Green Lane 14 services terminating at Queen Sq

Correct, they did the same yesterday too. I believe the queue from Cook Street with the poorly sequenced lights and the road works added almost 50mins onto some journeys hence the reason.
4176 was on the 437 this morning.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Don't know if it's been reported yet (I wasn't aware anyway...) but 2604 is working out of Laird Street currently, spotted by Woodside today, think it was on the 410 but the blinds didn't show on my pic....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/47310088311

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)