Current time: 18/04/2024, 09:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Must of been some heavy delays to the cross river services this morning, took me over an hour just to get from Birkenhead to South Liverpool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/12/2018 12:51)ls1911 Wrote:  Must of been some heavy delays to the cross river services this morning, took me over an hour just to get from Birkenhead to South Liverpool

Power failure, at one of the the control centres in the City Centre, meant all the traffic lights were out, thus causing chaos.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(11/12/2018 11:22)MTL0201 Wrote:  Noticed last night, buses on the 423 are starting to have via Moreton on the displays

Arriva have recently started amending the destinations in Liverpool to pretty much match the Stagecoach type, much clearer with via points
(11/12/2018 12:07)iMarkeh Wrote:  Why have they done that given the 409 is doing the exact same loop? Do they want it to be like every 15 between Seacombe and Birkenhead via Woodside?

The 409 doesn’t do the same. It returns to Birkenhead direct to Woodside via Canning St and returns to NB via a one way loop around town. The 411 will cover the old reverse section of the 408 via Watson St, Exmouth St into town which the 409 only covers in one direction outbound. Another long standing bus route changed and another section of route (Dock Rd) that loses a bus altogether.
All The new wirral timetables now on Merseytravel except for 423
Hopefully leaving that one the way it is !!!!
(11/12/2018 15:31)DVG526 Wrote:  The 409 doesn’t do the same. It returns to Birkenhead direct to Woodside via Canning St and returns to NB via a one way loop around town. The 411 will cover the old reverse section of the 408 via Watson St, Exmouth St into town which the 409 only covers in one direction outbound. Another long standing bus route changed and another section of route (Dock Rd) that loses a bus altogether.
That isn't what the map on the site shows. If the map is wrong, I apologize. According to all the maps, the 408 and 409 both do the same one way loop. Seacombe > Woodside > Birkenhead Bus STN > Seacombe. No map anywhere shows it doing the opposite.

The 411 is doing that same loop according to the timetables leaflet.
(11/12/2018 21:15)iMarkeh Wrote:  That isn't what the map on the site shows. If the map is wrong, I apologize. According to all the maps, the 408 and 409 both do the same one way loop. Seacombe > Woodside > Birkenhead Bus STN > Seacombe. No map anywhere shows it doing the opposite.

The 411 is doing that same loop according to the timetables leaflet.

Oversight on my part, apologies
2582/3 gone to St.Helens and 2584 has gone to Speke,have Birkenhead fallen out with commanders and prefer cadets?
4176 on 407/471 today

2629 on 495

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)