Current time: 16/04/2024, 05:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
I know looking at some of the peak hour delays from Google the area around the Duke St / Dock Road traffic lights can be excessive in all directions , i suspect Wirral Borough Council have had there traffic engineers looking at the timing of the lights to give a fair set of lights for all directions , it must be a pain for anyone trying to leave Wallasey at certain times of the day.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I agree that Arriva blaming the delay in re-opening the bridge for withdrawing the 408 service is a very poor excuse on their part - and fairly unprofessional too.

Yes, there has been a delay in re-opening the bridge, but having been past there yesterday, it's almost ready to re-open & I have no doubt that Arriva will be well aware of that fact.

Sorry to say that it's "typical Arriva" in my book, who are fast becoming like First were when they operated on the Wirral. Continued cutbacks & reduction of PVR just to save a driver here & a vehicle there, purely on cost grounds.

I think it would be reasonable to assume that the 408 actually makes money - just not enough to satisfy the senior management at Arriva HQ.
i see the 408 has been saved and will keep running until at least Jan 2019

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...e-14846895
(30/06/2018 07:31)60008 Wrote:  i see the 408 has been saved and will keep running until at least Jan 2019

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...e-14846895

One thing this does mean is that the axe may still come in the future all the routes that Arriva have put under the axe and been reprieved have eventually gone , I remember the 465 going the very same way reprieve then axe when its politically less sensitive.
The 418/9 118/9 have been under threat for at around 15 years but keep getting talked into continuing until last year
The 418/9 118/9 was always muddied by the fact one went via New Chester Road and the other via Spital Crossroads and Lower Bebington Village .

New Chester Road until the 41/42 went via Bromborough Croft Retail Park always had too many buses on it.

Whereas Spital Road only had the 84/85.

And goodness gracious me the replacement bus service for parts of Eastham and Bromborough is that round the houses and industrial estates service 38, you could be in Birkenhead by the time the bus goes on its tour of Riverside Business Park , Croft Retail Park and Bromborough Pool. Is it any wonder that its a supportedservice .
Can I ask please if anyone on the forum who uses the buses for transport if anybody has experienced recent discomfort while travelling on the bus in this heat due to the bus heaters being turned on ?.

I feel the need to ask as a friend of mine was travelling on a vehicle recently ( apologies, cannot remember the fleet number) that was working the 418 and my friend was absolutely boiling due to the heat.

The unfortunate thing about this was that the next day, the same bus was on the 410 going to clatterbridge and I ended up boarding the bus to go to my mums in rock ferry.

I sat by the window ( away from the sunny side of the bus ) and was immediately overcome by the intense heat rising from the heaters so I moved away from the window to sit by the aisle.

Several other passengers were also affected by the intense heat on the bus even though all available windows ( only 5 that could be opened, the 6th was missing ) were open.

It was 1 of the most uncomfortable rides I have had during this weather. I did inform the driver about it even though I did acknowledge to him that I knew he had no control over the heaters and he just looked at me as if to say " why the **** are you telling me ?".

If any member on here works at the birkenhead depot, could I please ask if you could kindly ask if the engineers could turn the heaters off to give ALL passengers a comfortable riding experience. I can undetstand having them on in winter when its cold but come on NOT in summer, its an unpleasant experience.
I remember last summer getting on a Streetlite and only went for Liverpool to Birkenhead and already felt really sick, There is other types of Buses with other operators that have a lack of windows which makes things really warm.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/07/2018 15:23)508143 Wrote:  Can I ask please if anyone on the forum who uses the buses for transport if anybody has experienced recent discomfort while travelling on the bus in this heat due to the bus heaters being turned on ?.

I feel the need to ask as a friend of mine was travelling on a vehicle recently ( apologies, cannot remember the fleet number) that was working the 418 and my friend was absolutely boiling due to the heat.

The unfortunate thing about this was that the next day, the same bus was on the 410 going to clatterbridge and I ended up boarding the bus to go to my mums in rock ferry.

I sat by the window ( away from the sunny side of the bus ) and was immediately overcome by the intense heat rising from the heaters so I moved away from the window to sit by the aisle.

Several other passengers were also affected by the intense heat on the bus even though all available windows ( only 5 that could be opened, the 6th was missing ) were open.

It was 1 of the most uncomfortable rides I have had during this weather. I did inform the driver about it even though I did acknowledge to him that I knew he had no control over the heaters and he just looked at me as if to say " why the **** are you telling me ?".

If any member on here works at the birkenhead depot, could I please ask if you could kindly ask if the engineers could turn the heaters off to give ALL passengers a comfortable riding experience. I can undetstand having them on in winter when its cold but come on NOT in summer, its an unpleasant experience.

If I have, they’ve been on pulsars working out of St Helens. I always say thank you to drivers and always see bits of the heater controls damaged or missing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The thing I find annoying is that the heaters are now apparently controlled or turned on & off from within the engine bay which as an ex bus driver myself but not for arriva I find it ridiculous that drivers can no longer control the heaters.

They have a control in the cab for the blowers for the windscreen if it gets misted up and/or a fan in the cab to keep them cool, granted for safety in terms of the blower for the windscreen and driver comfort with the fan in the cab.

However, in my opinion they really need to start and listen to passengers points, comments and/or complaints.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)