Current time: 28/03/2024, 19:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(06/07/2017 21:56)Y474 KNF Wrote:  It isn't happening

I agree it sounded like pie in the sky , firstly Stagecoach at Rock Ferry just dont look like they could cram much more in the depot there if they tried and secondly what would you do with the drivers displaced.... i know hand them to Avon ... they been looking for drivers ... lol.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Tbh lets wait on vosa to see what were getting i n September..do not know where X71/72 came from.

I work at Rock Ferry and I not heard anything so simply wait and see via vosa regarding september

Now can we get back to topic (Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot)
Just seen 4533 being towed along Pensby Road.
Brickbus 4204 is back on the road on the 403 today.
Not before time,whats happened to the rest of the batch 4201-3 as I've only seen 4205 out lately.Also while I remember 4179 seems to have stayed here after it's temporey appearance as a bike bus at the end of rail replacements.
(10/07/2017 23:31)bus401 Wrote:  Not before time,whats happened to the rest of the batch 4201-3 as I've only seen 4205 out lately.Also while I remember 4179 seems to have stayed here after it's temporey appearance as a bike bus at the end of rail replacements.

It may be 4201-3 have transferred to southern counties, I don't know if it's still happening
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seen 4179 on the 403 being loaded onto a tow truck on Hoylake Road yesterday afternoon.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Some members of the forum that are not on facebook might like this post from Arriva North West on Facebook:

Jason: When are arriva going to announce the cancellation of the following services on wirral, 175 in heswall, 423 seacombe to Liverpool evenings & Sunday's, 118/119 , 419 & only running 418 between new ferry & birkenhead, seems like this company is getting smaller on wirral

Arriva: Hi Jason. The position with the 175 is that this is a tendered service currently operated by Arriva under contract to Merseytravel. We have given notice to Merseytravel that we are to withdraw from this contract and they have now put out an invitation to tender document for other operators to consider so there should not be a break in the provision of the service. Any announcements on this service would be the responsibility of Merseytravel.

In respect of the 118/119, these also are Merseytravel supported services and the funding is being withdrawn with the resulting cancellation of the services. This information has been distributed, published and discussed at the local Merseytravel customer forums. There was one held locally last Friday hosted by Merseytravel with our representative also in attendance to respond to questions. ^BW

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The Solo's used for that 175 service must be going to be used elsewhere in the Arriva empire.

So will the extra 487 in the timetable be pulled or will it now become a normal single decker as its run on work will no longer be there .
A few hybrids must have been off the road today. Saw 3 Old double deckers on the 437 this morning!

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)