Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
VLW1/4200 is the vehicle being given to St Helens from Laird St.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Its sounds like a free gift .What does Laird Street Get back in reply
Find all posts by this user
(26/10/2014 00:02)bus401 Wrote:  Its sounds like a free gift .What does Laird Street Get back in reply

Nothing. With the loss of the ferry and rail replacement contracts three buses are classed as spare.

In other news, the 118 & 119 are to be revised. They will no longer continue to New Brighton via Duke St, Liscard etc. Alternatively, services 418 & 419 that serve to Woodside will now run as the 118 & 119. This is a choice made by Merseytravel.

Daniel Christopher.
I think that altering the 118 / 119 will be a mistake. It seems a popular route in and out of New Brighton.

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
(28/10/2014 07:42)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  I think that altering the 118 / 119 will be a mistake. It seems a popular route in and out of New Brighton.

Likewise I echo the comments of WAITING FOR THE 437, I use the 118/119 frequently of an evening to go to New Brighton from where I live, on the other hand, there's not the option of doing it in one bus in the day, so why should they go that way in the evening?

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Will this mean Avon's 10/10A will run later in the evening because there will be no direct route to New Brighton near Upton area as we all know that the 414 finishes around 7 anyway, also I seen 670 was on the 2 yesterday.
(28/10/2014 10:14)R557 ABA Wrote:  Likewise I echo the comments of WAITING FOR THE 437, I use the 118/119 frequently of an evening to go to New Brighton from where I live, on the other hand, there's not the option of doing it in one bus in the day, so why should they go that way in the evening?

What it does mean though is that the Evening and Sunday service will follow the route of the Daytime service . Will all the services then carry the number of the daytime equivalent , Merseytravel seem to be moving away from 1xx prefix route numbers.

What service though will be routed via the roads vacated by the 118/119 in the New Brighton area ?
I do wonder if Merseytravel are thinking about withdrawing their 492/495 services? and by revising the 118/119 they are trying to maintain a link between Birkenhead and Beechwood.

Follow me on flickr
3011 back in service on 487 also2448 on 418/9and 2447 on 464
Its been a while since i saw a single deck on the 464

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)