Current time: 25/04/2024, 17:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(27/07/2019 15:14)Walton 46 Wrote:  Back in April, it being reported Arriva was looking at extending the operating hours of the 492/495. Anyone know of any further developments regarding this?

It will probably be done in September. There is a variation in for the route plus September is normally the main change date for anything interesting like extended hours.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2 or 3 Enviro 400 parked in the yard at Laird Street today
(27/07/2019 15:14)Walton 46 Wrote:  Back in April, it being reported Arriva was looking at extending the operating hours of the 492/495. Anyone know of any further developments regarding this?

September is the time for big changes usually, if it doesnt happen then i doubt it will anytime soon
(27/07/2019 14:32)Barney Wrote:  Presumably with the school holidays service reductions there are enough spares so that others can get some much-needed TLC and/or repainting.

Birkenhead doesn't operate any school buses and doesn't have a summer frequency reduction like the other depots so the PVR remains the same
(27/07/2019 21:09)EBG 758 Wrote:  2 or 3 Enviro 400 parked in the yard at Laird Street today

They are on loan to cover the Chester to Newton le Willows rail replacement. St Helens have several as well.
(28/07/2019 07:07)L401CJF Wrote:  Birkenhead doesn't operate any school buses and doesn't have a summer frequency reduction like the other depots so the PVR remains the same

My point was that these Volvos were originally based at Speke and that Speke has summer frequency reductions thus enabling a freeing up of deckers at other depots. What exactly are the rules regarding buses operating through the tunnels?
(28/07/2019 22:30)Barney Wrote:  My point was that these Volvos were originally based at Speke and that Speke has summer frequency reductions thus enabling a freeing up of deckers at other depots. What exactly are the rules regarding buses operating through the tunnels?

Ahh of course my mistake. As far as I know there are no rules yet, Arriva say hybrids only on crossrivers but that's been out the window for months now.

I believe there are emission rules being brought in for the tunnel and city centre in the not too distant future. The pulsars are down to have new exhaust systems supplied, fitted and maintained by eminox or however you spell it, to upgrade them to euro 6.
Just seen 4111 on the 414, the 10.43 departure from New Brighton, if anyone want to time it there on in.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
According to the latest Traffic Commissioner's notice, the route of the 411 will be amended from September. Any ideas as to what will change?
Although I have not looked at anything to do with the traffic commission ( didn't know there was a website for them ) I have seen before now that 2 of the 410s 30 minutes apart that arrive at New Brighton and have changed their destination to show 411 Woodside then go on to do woodside and back to new brighton as a 411 then go back to a 410 upon returning to new brighton.

So its possible the change might be something go do with that.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)