Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(03/05/2019 12:45)L401CJF Wrote:  4176 has gone, apparently to Winsford, 4103 has come to replace it.

It was out today on the 471/472. Looks nice on the outside but the interior needs some work.

Pic at Arrowe Park 08/05: https://www.flickr.com/photos/thomasharr...805347931/

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4106 has arrived to replace 4211.
Find all posts by this user
Has 4211 been withdrawn and where have 4103 and 4106 come from?
(10/05/2019 23:41)bus401 Wrote:  Has 4211 been withdrawn and where have 4103 and 4106 come from?

They were new to Speke but I believe they have come from Winsford
(10/05/2019 23:41)bus401 Wrote:  Has 4211 been withdrawn and where have 4103 and 4106 come from?

(11/05/2019 09:18)DVG526 Wrote:  They were new to Speke but I believe they have come from Winsford

Not sure if theyve been withdrawn or not, but I would suspect so, they went to Winsford in exchange for 4103/6
I had first hand experience of seeing a 418 struggle to make the turn from Storeton Road onto Prenton Lane , how this route was passed on a H&S issue is beyond me as that physical turn on the route to Birkenhead is a non starter if there is vehicles at the stop line already on Prenton Lane , I bet it could at times be a Mexican Standoff. Then you have the vehices behind the bus missing the lights because the bus is trapped .
(16/05/2019 16:31)wirralbus Wrote:  I had first hand experience of seeing a 418 struggle to make the turn from Storeton Road onto Prenton Lane , how this route was passed on a H&S issue is beyond me as that physical turn on the route to Birkenhead is a non starter if there is vehicles at the stop line already on Prenton Lane , I bet it could at times be a Mexican Standoff. Then you have the vehices behind the bus missing the lights because the bus is trapped .

Its a joke, there have been a lot of concerns raised over this turn since it was changed, however the union arnt interested. It was apparantly approved as no risk assesment required because a minibus route used to make the turn years ago. Bit of a difference between an MPD and a Pulsar.
(16/05/2019 16:31)wirralbus Wrote:  I had first hand experience of seeing a 418 struggle to make the turn from Storeton Road onto Prenton Lane , how this route was passed on a H&S issue is beyond me as that physical turn on the route to Birkenhead is a non starter if there is vehicles at the stop line already on Prenton Lane , I bet it could at times be a Mexican Standoff. Then you have the vehices behind the bus missing the lights because the bus is trapped .

Never understood this. With the 16/16A/17 serving Mount Road and Storeton Road, the 418 should just turn right down Borough Road from Bedford Drive, past Tranmere Rovers and up Prenton Road West, which is without a bus since the 83A was withdrawn. The turn from Storeton Road onto Prenton Lane is far too tight for any bus, even the little 8.9 enviro 200’s ect used on route 90 struggled when turning the opposite way from Prenton Lane onto Storeton Road, which is far less acute.
(17/05/2019 11:23)mrd97 Wrote:  Never understood this. With the 16/16A/17 serving Mount Road and Storeton Road, the 418 should just turn right down Borough Road from Bedford Drive, past Tranmere Rovers and up Prenton Road West, which is without a bus since the 83A was withdrawn. The turn from Storeton Road onto Prenton Lane is far too tight for any bus, even the little 8.9 enviro 200’s ect used on route 90 struggled when turning the opposite way from Prenton Lane onto Storeton Road, which is far less acute.

If the union was any good they would put a stop to it, it’s dangerous.
(17/05/2019 17:45)DVG526 Wrote:  If the union was any good they would put a stop to it, it’s dangerous.

I don’t understand why they thought it was okay, it’s like they didn’t even know how tight the bend was. Going down Prenton Road West and Borough Road would make far more sense. I don’t like making that turn in my car.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)