Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Dont forget there is a little hiatus till Saturday in the Merseyrail work
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/04/2019 20:48)darylyates17 Wrote:  If anyone knows where 3003 is tomorrow to please let me know it’s my last 59 plate Pulsar

it’s on 410s and 411s today if you haven’t spotted it already
(23/04/2019 09:41)60008 Wrote:  it’s on 410s and 411s today if you haven’t spotted it already

Thanks a lot mate Ill have a look on them when I get to Birkenhead
(22/04/2019 11:13)wirralbus Wrote:  There is at most four bus stops missed out between Upton Station and Tollemache Road , at night and on sundays , its a case of rob peter to pay paul.

A problem with the 38A is its a long and winding route at the best of times with inherent reliability problems as it is now.

It will be interesting to see any loadings on the daytime sunday when it gets introduced around Noctorum / Beechwood a case of use or lose it again.

I know this isn’t strictly Arriva related, but the 38A has a layover time in West Kirby of nearly half an hour. By cutting out Saughall Massie, and having buses go straight from Mill Park back to Plymyard Avenue (instead of wasting time running around Eastham Village), I’m confident a round trip could be done in 3 hours, saving a bus (currently uses 4). This saving could be used to partially tender an evening 492/5, which I think is a good idea personally. This will also clean up the incredibly asymmetrical evening timings on the 38/38A.

To expand, I think removing services from places like Caldy sets a bad president. They would be completely isolated. Raby, Town Lane, Kings Lane and large parts of Wallasey have lost entire services in the past couple of years. What I’ve suggested, Saughall Massie will be far from cut off, it already gets 2 bus routes evening and Sundays which is not needed. Even in that circumstance I don’t think the Moreton circulars needs to run until 11pm, just keep a Sunday daytime service which could save another bus and be better utilised elsewhere
(23/04/2019 12:58)mrd97 Wrote:  I know this isn’t strictly Arriva related, but the 38A has a layover time in West Kirby of nearly half an hour. By cutting out Saughall Massie, and having buses go straight from Mill Park back to Plymyard Avenue (instead of wasting time running around Eastham Village), I’m confident a round trip could be done in 3 hours, saving a bus (currently uses 4). This saving could be used to partially tender an evening 492/5, which I think is a good idea personally. This will also clean up the incredibly asymmetrical evening timings on the 38/38A.

To expand, I think removing services from places like Caldy sets a bad president. They would be completely isolated. Raby, Town Lane, Kings Lane and large parts of Wallasey have lost entire services in the past couple of years. What I’ve suggested, Saughall Massie will be far from cut off, it already gets 2 bus routes evening and Sundays which is not needed. Even in that circumstance I don’t think the Moreton circulars needs to run until 11pm, just keep a Sunday daytime service which could save another bus and be better utilised elsewhere
The changes you propose only save 15 minutes. Plus the 24 minute layover (39 mins) so more savings would be needed somewhere. It would be worth noting that the 38 is commercial. The funding it gets is for Croft - Eastham and diversions via Sandbrook and Saughall Massie. With this in mind, it may not save as much.
If it was cut back to Bromborough Rake as well as cutting Saughall Massie (not suggesting it before people jump on this post) then it would be possible to save the bus.

I think it's worth saying that we all know what should be done but the powers that be either want to make their books look good, keep councillors quiet or just can't be bothered dealing with the issue. How much of what Merseytravel does makes sense? Let's face it.
4574 noted on the 437 this afternoon....presumably staying for the New Brighton line closure next week.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(25/04/2019 14:56)gka472l Wrote:  4574 noted on the 437 this afternoon....presumably staying for the New Brighton line closure next week.

Saw it myself at Queen Square I noticed one of Green Lanes on the 433 I think when I was on 3003 the other day
Didn't catch fleet no, but at least 1 Enviro400 on the 437 yesterday with another on 410/411s. Both stayed out on lates.
(27/04/2019 10:55)L401CJF Wrote:  Didn't catch fleet no, but at least 1 Enviro400 on the 437 yesterday with another on 410/411s. Both stayed out on lates.

There was another one on the 407/471/472, plus a Hybrid on the 410 & 413

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
4176 has gone, apparently to Winsford, 4103 has come to replace it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)