Current time: 20/04/2024, 01:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(31/01/2019 03:16)Brickmill Wrote:  5 actually. 2 up for renewal in April, the others either in October or next year.

Yes and that is next to nothing compared to what they did have

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
During the cold weather its probably a case of taking the next vehicle in line in the depot if the original vehicle fails , hence why in this weather you can get some really odd allocations.
Find all posts by this user
(31/01/2019 10:41)wirralbus Wrote:  During the cold weather its probably a case of taking the next vehicle in line in the depot if the original vehicle fails , hence why in this weather you can get some really odd allocations.

Allocations have been mixed the past week or 2 because the guy who normally does allocations has been away, can usually tell if somebody else is allocating as the 487 is Streetlite free!

(29/01/2019 13:43)iMarkeh Wrote:  Why did Arriva get Streetlites for the 487 instead of Pulsars given they are non standard in this area?

They were introduced as the 487 had the highest number of collisions over other routes, and it was hoped by pulling the big Pulsars off the route would reduce the incidents on the narrower roads, mainly around Little Neston and Burton road toward Ness. It worked, the numbers dropped.
(30/01/2019 11:51)mr t Wrote:  Only HTL. Hattons, Cumfybus, A2B and Halton.
Cumfybus have also had enough like Avon had with Merseytravels constant changes and pittance rewards and are not going to renew any of their contracts

I think there is also Eazibus on the Wirral, and incidentally Warrington's Own Buses to Newton-le-Willows. But yes, independents are quite few on Merseyside now.
(02/02/2019 13:44)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I think there is also Eazibus on the Wirral, and incidentally Warrington's Own Buses to Newton-le-Willows. But yes, independents are quite few on Merseyside now.

Eazibus depot is opposite Happy Als, they run mostly school services and the new route 73 from Heswall - Poulton Lancelyn.

On the subject of schools, Laird St have won some school contracts requiring 6 buses, supposedly from April. 4211 and 4176 to be kept for these.
Has 4173 returned here??

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
3180 on 414 and 2491 on 409
2532 on 495
(11/02/2019 12:27)mrailman200 Wrote:  3180 on 414 and 2491 on 409

When will all of these Cadet swaps calm down I’m struggling to keep up is this due to them being Pool buses
When the rail replacements are finished, paint covers, kind of obvious isn't it.!!! They still don't have enough as the five white buses indicate.

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)