Current time: 25/04/2024, 00:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(30/01/2019 11:51)mr t Wrote:  Only HTL. Hattons, Cumfybus, A2B and Halton.
Cumfybus have also had enough like Avon had with Merseytravels constant changes and pittance rewards and are not going to renew any of their contracts

Off topic but sounds like we are about to see the end of Cumfybus as well, Sure the vast majority of their routes are Tenders and they have just lost almost everything in Greater Manchester as well.

If the only remaining operators is ones like Arriva then its bad for the Tax Payer as Arriva's overheads are higher so Tender prices will shoot up.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/01/2019 14:41)Y474 KNF Wrote:  4211 remains in service because it's still required. Same as all of the other stock over 15 years old

That's kind of obvious isn't it, lots of buses reaching the usual withdrawal age soon. Can't see them getting replaced in a hurry either.
Find all posts by this user
(30/01/2019 15:07)MPTE1955 Wrote:  That's kind of obvious isn't it, lots of buses reaching the usual withdrawal age soon. Can't see them getting replaced in a hurry either.

Could Merseytravel end up backed into a corner
(30/01/2019 15:29)wirralbus Wrote:  Could Merseytravel end up backed into a corner

With less and less operators they could be or they could just cut services.
(30/01/2019 15:34)MPTE1955 Wrote:  With less and less operators they could be or they could just cut services.

Like Merseytravel did when Avon closed down, halft of the services Avon operated under Merseytravel tender wearnt replaced.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(30/01/2019 14:45)T42 PVM Wrote:  Off topic but sounds like we are about to see the end of Cumfybus as well, Sure the vast majority of their routes are Tenders and they have just lost almost everything in Greater Manchester as well.

If the only remaining operators is ones like Arriva then its bad for the Tax Payer as Arriva's overheads are higher so Tender prices will shoot up.

I think it is a bit of an exaggeration to say they've lost almost everything, but it does highlight the costs involved in remote OCs and no commercial work
(30/01/2019 17:33)MTL0201 Wrote:  Like Merseytravel did when Avon closed down, halft of the services Avon operated under Merseytravel tender wearnt replaced.

Yes, exactly, they put tenders out for everything but because the only bidders were Arriva & Stagecoach it would have cost them an extra £1m a year to subsidise
(30/01/2019 11:51)mr t Wrote:  Only HTL. Hattons, Cumfybus, A2B and Halton.
Cumfybus have also had enough like Avon had with Merseytravels constant changes and pittance rewards and are not going to renew any of their contracts

Link network as well
(30/01/2019 17:50)Brickmill Wrote:  I think it is a bit of an exaggeration to say they've lost almost everything, but it does highlight the costs involved in remote OCs and no commercial work

They have lost almost everything in Greater Manchester, Only got a couple of tenders now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(30/01/2019 23:41)T42 PVM Wrote:  They have lost almost everything in Greater Manchester, Only got a couple of tenders now

5 actually. 2 up for renewal in April, the others either in October or next year.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)