Current time: 29/03/2024, 05:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Makes no sense to me either
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/06/2018 11:38)508143 Wrote:  Apparently it is not making any money because of that damned bridge still not being open.

I might get slammed for this but in my unwell state I really don't care but this just shows the clear inability of our council to get anything done on time.

I grant and accept that passengers expect a bus or train to be on time but how can this be even remotely possible if projects like bridge replacements cannot be completed on time, it really makes no sense for them to say yeah we'll do this and do that but we may have to keep slipping the completion time further back.

I admit, I don't know the proper demand for this service but you can't be seriously implying that one small section of the route is the reason why the bus makes no money. Can't you just cut it back to Seacombe or something like that? If there are delays, you should be adding more time in the timetable.
Cant always add more time to a Route as it could mean upping the PVR.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Any old excuse so it seems to me tbh !!! Just want to cut cut cut all the time now and it really is getting boring ! Very busy service this is seems mad as per usual ..all about money lets face it..so if the sodding bridge opens then before september will it be forgotten about their idea to withdraw the 408...as how can they use that excuse when it finally opens ...or will it
Ive used both quite a lot this year and even during the day has been nearly full loads. The sticking point is the daytimes always about 5 mins late and school/peaks 15 mins so with no time for layover at Woodside so drivers/buses going round in circles all day.
It is also affecting the 410/411 as they use Duke Street Bridge which is the alternative route
The easy answer is, revise the service to operate Woodside-Seacombe-Liscard-Wallasey Village-Seacombe every 30 minutes, via the 411 Woodside-Seacombe until the bridge reopens then as normal loop to Seacombe, layover taken at Seacombe, journey time about 40 to 50 minutes, when the bridge reopens go back to the one way loop in Birkenhead.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
I just think Arriva have had enough of the delays and Arriva have had to decide with the legal requirement for withdrawing the service.

How long does it take to put in the bridge , this closure started whilst the Liverpool Loop line closure was in place so its a fairly long time .

Maybe the enforced withdrawal may mean an alteration to the 411 route in the longer term to cover some of the 408 in a longer wallasey loop.
(20/06/2018 15:19)wirralbus Wrote:  I just think Arriva have had enough of the delays and Arriva have had to decide with the legal requirement for withdrawing the service.

How long does it take to put in the bridge , this closure started whilst the Liverpool Loop line closure was in place so its a fairly long time .

Maybe the enforced withdrawal may mean an alteration to the 411 route in the longer term to cover some of the 408 in a longer wallasey loop.

As it happens 2 bridges have been replaced, the lifting bridge has been the more complicated one technically, also its due to reopen anytime
The 408 was only introduced in the Wirral Bus review so this is most likely an excuse to get rid of a Service thats under performing, Maybe we might see it go out for tender and someone else get it.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The current 408/9 circular was only introduced to cover the withdrawn section of the 403. The 409 will probably revert to its original route both ways via Liscard Rd. Just another cutback to the LS PVR.. Blaming the bridge is poor although I'd love to see the dropped mileage figures for the 410/411.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)