Current time: 25/04/2024, 13:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
How many of them Streetlites got purchased primarily for the 488.

After seeing them around now for a while they have a distinctive narrow looking body compared to other single deck buses in the Arriva fleet .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
As far as I know 6 were ordered,5 for the 488 and a spare which seems to be used on all routes {.6000-5 }
They're for the 487, the 488 long since withdrawn & often stray onto other routes

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Just seen 2905 on the 432

Buses all over the place today with the trains being off,I think the timetables went of the window,buses running round in groups of 2,3,or 4,traffic was horrendous
(23/12/2017 01:14)bus401 Wrote:  Buses all over the place today with the trains being off,I think the timetables went of the window,buses running round in groups of 2,3,or 4,traffic was horrendous

Everywhere is suffering traffic this time of year, did see an extra on the 437 around 4pm start at Birkenhead Bus Station heading towards West Kirby, trains being off made things worse, the Cross River stands in Sir Thomas Street was a sea of people, & this was around 3.45pm, glad i decided to catch my bus in Cook Street ended up catching the first one[which was Stagecoach 472 & rammed by the time we got past Sir Thomas Street] to Birkenhead then changing there, rather than wait for my normal 407 as even 407s were up to 20 & longer late.

(23/12/2017 02:07)MTL0201 Wrote:  Everywhere is suffering traffic this time of year, did see an extra on the 437 around 4pm start at Birkenhead Bus Station heading towards West Kirby, trains being off made things worse, the Cross River stands in Sir Thomas Street was a sea of people, & this was around 3.45pm, glad i decided to catch my bus in Cook Street ended up catching the first one[which was Stagecoach 472 & rammed by the time we got past Sir Thomas Street] to Birkenhead then changing there, rather than wait for my normal 407 as even 407s were up to 20 & longer late.

Can you just imagine if the Arriva dispute had continued this day would have been real bad , but thankfully that was sorted out.

Isnt it about time interworking diagrams where phased out though , that way you can keep delays locked into individual routes and not transport them from one route to another .

How does Stagecoach manage to keep there side of the 471/2 QBP work on route whilst Arriva's is split between the 407/71/72.
(23/12/2017 06:33)wirralbus Wrote:  Can you just imagine if the Arriva dispute had continued this day would have been real bad , but thankfully that was sorted out.

Isnt it about time interworking diagrams where phased out though , that way you can keep delays locked into individual routes and not transport them from one route to another .

How does Stagecoach manage to keep there side of the 471/2 QBP work on route whilst Arriva's is split between the 407/71/72.

The 407 is a good example, as if it didn't interwork, there would only be 1 minute layover in Liverpool, which just isn't enough slack for a cross-river route ... either that or 21 minutes, which would be inefficient.

As far as the % on time figures are concerned, it would make sense to keep delays on just one route to limit the number of vehicles running behind time, but my own preference would be to 'even out' the delays spread over a number of routes by interworking so that everything is a little late rather than some things being massively out and some others being right on time.

And from an enthusiast's point of view, I like working out what interworks with what! Smile
interworking 407 with Heswall services ensures that a driver changeover can be done at Laird Street depot whereas Stagecoach need a car and drivers dead time to change over in Borough Road.
Brick Bus 4204 has just left Liverpool on a 437

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)