Current time: 20/04/2024, 14:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(02/09/2015 11:14)R879 HRF Wrote:  Spotted 2 darts (New livery) on a pvs wrecker on M53 near E Port heading from Birkenhead direction this morning.

Didn't catch fleet numbers but sure somebody can id them.

2218 & 2234 were stored there so it wouldn't surprise me if it was those two.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/09/2015 11:59)MTL0201 Wrote:  Due to flooding, 487 only going to Thornton Hough not serving Neston, Bromborough Road is closed so 419 is being diverted.

The area was badly affected by flood water as not only Thornton Hough Village , but brimstage village was badly affected as well . Not helped by another dousing at lunch time as well.
DAF DB250/Plaxton President 4171 on the 432/433/437 this morning.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03/09/2015 07:55)R557 ABA Wrote:  DAF DB250/Plaxton President 4171 on the 432/433/437 this morning.

Oh dear, pity any passenger who has to suffer this old duffer over a hybrid gemini today
(03/09/2015 09:41)FC Pictures Wrote:  Oh dear, pity any passenger who has to suffer this old duffer over a hybrid gemini today

It is still a double decker , just be thankful that it isnt one of the single deckers being used.
(03/09/2015 10:03)wirralbus Wrote:  It is still a double decker , just be thankful that it isnt one of the single deckers being used.

these are probably the worst cast offs North West has ever had the misfortune to be landed with,yes it`s a decker and a very poor one at that
They are just very old fashioned compared to the VLW's of the same age, I have only ridden one and that was Speke's 4181on the 81 and it wasn't too bad.
Everybody has different perceptions on these double deckers , is it because Arriva Merseyside is now so used to receiving brand new double deckers instead of second hand arriva double deckers from other areas namely London.
(03/09/2015 11:27)wirralbus Wrote:  Everybody has different perceptions on these double deckers , is it because Arriva Merseyside is now so used to receiving brand new double deckers instead of second hand arriva double deckers from other areas namely London.

Probably but we had DLA's that were old as well, these DLP's even feel old compared to them. The VLW's of similar age seem a lot more modern than these DLP's.
(03/09/2015 13:03)Dentonian Wrote:  Certainly true. I occasionally used these on the 16 (when it still ran) and 130 to Manchester Royal, and they are a sort of throw back to pre-dereg. in that the leg room was questionable with some seats, but they have amongst the most comfortable seats of any modern bus.

The leg room is questionable at best; absent in many cases. I was on one of the Bolton ones which recently transferred to Birkenhead and the seats immediately behind the stairs on the lower deck had 8 inches of leg room- I know because I had a tape measure in my bag. 8 inches. They're dire. That's forgetting all the other seats with legroom measured in single figures across both decks

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)