Current time: 18/04/2024, 05:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Not sure which one, but driving past Woodside earlier, I noticed one of Laird Street Streetlites has white LED blinds now......

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/03/2024 21:05)gka472l Wrote:  Not sure which one, but driving past Woodside earlier, I noticed one of Laird Street Streetlites has white LED blinds now......

HTH
Had it for months, should of been 6000
(15/03/2024 21:05)gka472l Wrote:  Not sure which one, but driving past Woodside earlier, I noticed one of Laird Street Streetlites has white LED blinds now......

HTH

Hanover displays no longer produce the ‘original’ orange ones, so once they fail beyond repair, they’ll be replaced by white LED’s
Thinking, since the change a few years ago, what is the point of the 19.27, 407 Moreton Cross-Laird Street depot now, that's one of my local routes but i've never seen anyone use it, plus theirs a 38 that goes to Birkenhead a couple of minutes ahead on that 407, which is more use, you have the daft situation were the previous 2 407s, the 18.09 & 18.29 departures from Liverpool terminate at Moreton Cross then run dead to the depot, this one can layover for up to 10 minutes [depending what time it arrive in], then carries fresh air to the depot?

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(03/04/2024 18:42)MTL0201 Wrote:  Thinking, since the change a few years ago, what is the point of the 19.27, 407 Moreton Cross-Laird Street depot now, that's one of my local routes but i've never seen anyone use it, plus theirs a 38 that goes to Birkenhead a couple of minutes ahead on that 407, which is more use, you have the daft situation were the previous 2 407s, the 18.09 & 18.29 departures from Liverpool terminate at Moreton Cross then run dead to the depot, this one can layover for up to 10 minutes [depending what time it arrive in], then carries fresh air to the depot?

Because this is what happens when people who sit in front of a computer at home make the decisions.

It’s a culmination of graduates, bean counters, poor local area knowledge, ticket machines and systems that don’t collect accurate information, you name it. Various issues like this happen throughout the transport sector now but as long as the figures match up for the shareholders that’s all that matters.
Once every hour there's a 38 and 407 running together between St James's church and West Kirby. Bus companies are not supposed to collude with each other but surely anyone with a brain at either company can eliminate this wasteful duplication.
(15/03/2024 23:02)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Hanover displays no longer produce the ‘original’ orange ones, so once they fail beyond repair, they’ll be replaced by white LED’s

It's out of one of the Bolton pulsars that was stripped for parts.
(04/04/2024 11:00)lcm453 Wrote:  Once every hour there's a 38 and 407 running together between St James's church and West Kirby. Bus companies are not supposed to collude with each other but surely anyone with a brain at either company can eliminate this wasteful duplication.

I'm sure you will find lots of places where bus services operated by several bus operators following each other, for example here on the Wirral the 41/42/413/414/471/472 all follow each other between Birkenhead and Woodchurch Asda, and in Liverpool the 8/9/10/10A/10B between Liverpool and Old Swan. I am sure there are lots more too.
(04/04/2024 11:00)lcm453 Wrote:  Once every hour there's a 38 and 407 running together between St James's church and West Kirby. Bus companies are not supposed to collude with each other but surely anyone with a brain at either company can eliminate this wasteful duplication.

Awkward situation with the 407 & 38, the 407 is every 20 minutes, 38 every 30 minutes, 407 needs to be every 20 minutes as buses interwork with the 471/472, plus loadings justify a 20 minute service too, the 38 is not really busy enough for a 20 minute service.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)