Current time: 25/04/2024, 01:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
East Midlands Trains
RE: East Midlands Trains
222101 was on the 1042 Derby to Crewe on Saturday.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Hundreds celebrate reopening of Ilkeston station

https://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2017/04/...ng-of.html

Credit: Railnews.
Additional train set to operate at 21:18 from Lime Street platform 6 to Nottingham which will be a class 222. It will call to set down only at Liverpool South Parkway, Widnes, Warrington Central, Manchester Oxford Rd, Manchester Piccadilly and Stockport. The inbound working for the 222 is ECS.

Also the 19:52 departure is set to be a 6 car 158 and the 20:52 will be 4 cars (usually it's only 2.)
(08/04/2017 09:04)knutstransport Wrote:  Additional train set to operate at 21:18 from Lime Street platform 6 to Nottingham which will be a class 222. It will call to set down only at Liverpool South Parkway, Widnes, Warrington Central, Manchester Oxford Rd, Manchester Piccadilly and Stockport. The inbound working for the 222 is ECS.

Also the 19:52 departure is set to be a 6 car 158 and the 20:52 will be 4 cars (usually it's only 2.)

East Midland normally enhance there services on Grand National Day , the Class 222 is a regular sight on this day , some Norwich - Liverpool services do get split at Norwich so the regular 158 does the Norwich - Nottingham section and the bigger capacity unit takes over at Nottingham for the run to Liverpool.
(08/04/2017 10:45)wirralbus Wrote:  East Midland normally enhance there services on Grand National Day , the Class 222 is a regular sight on this day , some Norwich - Liverpool services do get split at Norwich so the regular 158 does the Norwich - Nottingham section and the bigger capacity unit takes over at Nottingham for the run to Liverpool.

This time 158s are on all the normal services with the 222 working a special additional service.
(08/04/2017 09:04)knutstransport Wrote:  Additional train set to operate at 21:18 from Lime Street platform 6 to Nottingham which will be a class 222. It will call to set down only at Liverpool South Parkway, Widnes, Warrington Central, Manchester Oxford Rd, Manchester Piccadilly and Stockport. The inbound working for the 222 is ECS.

Had I of seen this message before last night I would of posted that the train at 2118 was planned for platform 5 at Lime St and that's where it went.
(11/10/2013 22:24)DVG526 Wrote:  An unusual sight this evening, 156410 seen heading into Liverpool, 1937 departure from Man Picc..
Definitely not unusual. both 156414 and 156470 were on the service on Tuesday.

I know East Midland are not happy about using the 156's on the liverpool runs due to reservation issues , in the event of needing extra capacity the 156's do see operation though.

I do remember a number of years ago the service between Nottingham and Manchester Picc was given a tag of the Sardine Can Special.
Actually the reservations are in the Norwich portion of the train which is booked for a 158. The 156s and indeed 153s at times in normal circumstances only operate between NOT and LIV.
The only time in which I have known a 156 on the NOT-NRW portion there were no reservations on the train.

Did anyone see the 19.52 as a six-car. I thought that when TPE regularised the use of over-length trains over the CLC, without SDO, it was specific to them and/or Cl.185s?
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)