Current time: 19/04/2024, 04:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Closure of bus lanes in Liverpool
RE: Closure of bus lanes in Liverpool
(25/05/2014 18:16)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh i do fear for the cycling fraternity on some of the roads .

Other way round. Motorists should be in fear of the cyclists due to many of them totally ignorant of red lights.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/05/2014 20:36)childwallblues Wrote:  Other way round. Motorists should be in fear of the cyclists due to many of them totally ignorant of red lights.

I was talking about the pot holes for cyclists , I do wonder how many of the bus lanes will have to be remarked in july before they can be re-used .
The bus lane suspension has now been extended until the end of November. Apparently there have been lots of roadworks meaning more data needs to be collected.
Funny as matrix sign on Queens Drive says 28th July. They obviously haven't updated the signs yet, so another change for the useless make it up as he goes along mayor.
It now seems that only four bus lanes will be kept in Liverpool with all the other being decommissioned .

The Mayor has said he is now looking at red routing some of the roads though that the bus lanes where on to prevent them from being used for indiscrimate parking .
Looks like bully-boy Anderson's gotten his own way!

Suspending the bus lanes then having a "consultation" about them smacks of a done deal.
It's like demolishing a house then asking "Shall we demolish it?"
Bit late for that now!

I wonder what other parts of the country think of Merseyside with this idiot in charge?
(16/10/2014 17:23)wirralbus Wrote:  It now seems that only four bus lanes will be kept in Liverpool with all the other being decommissioned .

The Mayor has said he is now looking at red routing some of the roads though that the bus lanes where on to prevent them from being used for indiscrimate parking .

It will be interesting to see which, if any, of the former bus lanes might be designated Red Routes. The one I have most experience of is the Rice Lane/County Road one in Walton.

From my recent experiences, both as a motorist and bus passenger, it now seems perfectly acceptable to park anywhere along this section, switch on your hazard lights and disappear into the nearest shop, fast-food outlet, pub etc. for as long as the fancy takes you. Is this practice common anywhere else in Liverpool?
(17/10/2014 14:56)mathias Wrote:  Looks like bully-boy Anderson's gotten his own way!

Suspending the bus lanes then having a "consultation" about them smacks of a done deal.
It's like demolishing a house then asking "Shall we demolish it?"
Bit late for that now!

I wonder what other parts of the country think of Merseyside with this idiot in charge?
Over bus lanes - they probably couldn't care less. The response might be different if he is allowed to get away with destroying a large part of Walton Hall Park to make space for a football ground, plus allow it to be used for housing & other purposes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)