Current time: 18/10/2017, 09:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TransPennine Express
RE: TransPennine Express
(07/08/2017 10:59)knutstransport Wrote:  Did you actually read what I said? I said I've never been refused entry to the train but have suffered from sardine like conditions on board. In contrast on North TPE I've experienced both.

I did but it seems EMT sorted there problems out while TPE struggled to find solutions
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like electric working between Bolton and Preston starts on 12th February - at least that's the date Manchester-Glasgow services are shown via Bolton in open train times.
The services running through from Scotland to Manchester Victoria (much reduced)will all be diverted via Atherton on Saturday 02nd Sep, a rare bit of track for TPE services.
(01/09/2017 23:01)Squire of the Gate Wrote:  The services running through from Scotland to Manchester Victoria (much reduced)will all be diverted via Atherton on Saturday 02nd Sep, a rare bit of track for TPE services.

I wonder whether they have been 185s or towed by a diesel loco?
(02/09/2017 18:53)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I wonder whether they have been 185s or towed by a diesel loco?

A limited service which were pathed to be operated by 100mph DMUs i.e. 185s: http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/a...wtt&toc=TP

The Newcastle-Liverpool services were terminating short at Victoria due to the Eccles route being closed, so that would have freed up a couple of 185s.
Transpennine Express unveils ‘futuristic’ train

https://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2017/09/...train.html

Credit: Railnews.
The 68s, which are to be used to haul the mk5s, have been named after British Navy vessels. 68029 has been called Destroyer, so if there's a late running Pacer train it might be caught up by Destroyer!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)