Current time: 23/04/2024, 17:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TransPennine Express
RE: First Transpennine Express
Four (I think) Class 185s are to be stabled at Allerton TMD from the December timetable change.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/07/2013 09:25)childwallblues Wrote:  
(18/07/2013 22:26)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  I understand that the 2 car units would be used on Hull services or have 2 2 car units coupled together.
Having visited the Trans Pennine Express depot at Ardwick on Friday I asked the question about 2 and 4 car trains. Non starter as far as they are concerned.

Just getting back to you tnere about the 2 and 4 car 185s, it was only a rumour from a freind who had heard somthing from Ardwick. I personally couldn't see it myself but at the same time I didn't rule it out.

I have heard rumours also that the Scarborough service will not be a Transpennine service when the line is electrified as this will be added to the Blackpool - York service .

Some how it does seem that Scarborough is getting the rough end of the stick , Scarborough Tourism Authorities must be very bewildered indeed at the idea of losing there servicefrom the Manchester area to be replaced by a service from there arch tourist enemy Blackpool.
(01/08/2013 14:59)wirralbus Wrote:  I have heard rumours also that the Scarborough service will not be a Transpennine service when the line is electrified as this will be added to the Blackpool - York service .

Some how it does seem that Scarborough is getting the rough end of the stick , Scarborough Tourism Authorities must be very bewildered indeed at the idea of losing there servicefrom the Manchester area to be replaced by a service from there arch tourist enemy Blackpool.

Wasn't expecting that! I imagine it would be very controversial, that will probably have a knock on effect for Scarborough as a whole.

The TPE services from Liverpool (should) be going to Newcastle and should be worked by Class 350 EMUs.

Would rather have a Newcastle service than Scarborough!

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
Think TPE will need to invest in a lot more 350's , you do wonder by then whether there will be something better on the market .
Services are turning a full circle.
Services from Liverpool were traditionally to Newcastle and Hull until the 1980s when Scarborough replaced Hull. The Scarborough service was diverted for a time to Llandudno but had reverted to Liverpool by the early nineties. Before all Liverpool services went to Scarborough there was a through service from Blackpool North.
Anyway no town/city has a god given right to have a service to x or y. Just think of the destinations lost to Liverpool over the last thirty years - Hull, Newcastle (except for an early morning train), Sunderland, Penzance, Plymouth, Portsmouth. Dover, Reading, Glasgow, Edinburgh, York via Halifax, Wakefield via Huddersfield, Morecambe, Heysham Harbour, South Wales to name but some.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Presumably the once a day Liverpool - Middlesbrough service will be operated by Class 185 as thd Teesside Valley line is not yet electrified, that is if the service isn't getting scrapped? (Which I here it maybe).

You will probably find that the entire transpennine service will look completely different after electrification of the main service .
(02/08/2013 10:54)wirralbus Wrote:  You will probably find that the entire transpennine service will look completely different after electrification of the main service .

Shame, I quite like the way it was structured. I dont like it when operators mess around with there services and mess up routine to the extent FTPE are going to when its already working (to a extent). But I surpose its for the best.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)