Current time: 19/03/2024, 02:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TransPennine Express
RE: TransPennine Express
(27/03/2018 10:12)mikestone Wrote:  Second ECS from Crewe now in RTT - it would appear both sets are going to work to Scarborough, rather than the Middlesboro job previously posted.

I thought that was the plan all along, they didn't want the loco hauled sets stopping at Piccadilly platforms 13/14 (due to dwell times) which all airport services will have to once they run via the Ordsall Chord, while Liverpool services will avoid Oxford Road and Piccadilly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Looks like most of TPE's times from May are now on Open Train Times. Confirmed stops at Lea Green for Liverpool - Scarborough service and Newton-Le-Willows for Liverpool - Newcastle service although after 2000, the Newcastle service serves both stations.
(27/03/2018 13:11)knutstransport Wrote:  I thought that was the plan all along, they didn't want the loco hauled sets stopping at Piccadilly platforms 13/14 (due to dwell times) which all airport services will have to once they run via the Ordsall Chord, while Liverpool services will avoid Oxford Road and Piccadilly.

Wouldn't argue with that but see post 430. Before the first attempt was deleted from RTT the last leg from Middlesboro shown in that post was the only train missing. I'm a little surprised all four ECS workings are via Runcorn - running one pair via Warrington for route retention might not be a bad idea.
There are no daytime moves to or from York Siemens and only one to amd from Ardwick so the peak strengthening looks to have gone down to one set.
May timetables now available on TPE website.
Which routes use the stop on the station forecourt, as the southbound bus stop on the main road isn't best placed?
'
I tried to use the Merseytravel website, but that doesn't seem particularly helpful - a pdf for the 30 came out with times over-written and in German!
(12/04/2018 19:29)mikestone Wrote:  Which routes use the stop on the station forecourt, as the southbound bus stop on the main road isn't best placed?
'
I tried to use the Merseytravel website, but that doesn't seem particularly helpful - a pdf for the 30 came out with times over-written and in German!

Trying to work out what this has to do with TPE. Was this post intended for Merseytravel Timetable Changes thread or possibly Merseyrail?
ROG delivering the first of the Mark 5A Sets (Set 2?) to the former Eurostar facility at Longsight tomorrow. Formation should be 37884+37611 + 2 Barriers + Stock + 2 Barriers + 47812.

Timings;
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O0...5/advanced

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I remember Warrington Central being managed by TransPennine prior to the changes in May. I expect it will now be managed by Northern, as they have the most trains there but TPE no longer call there.
(02/06/2018 10:08)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I remember Warrington Central being managed by TransPennine prior to the changes in May. I expect it will now be managed by Northern, as they have the most trains there but TPE no longer call there.

Surprised TPE haven't swapped Warrington Central for Lea Green or Newton-Le-Willows as there are certain hours of the day when the stations have just as many TPE as Northern services stopping there. In fact with the recent driver shortages at Northern, there has been times when TPE has been the sole operator at Lea Green for a few hours.
(02/06/2018 10:42)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Surprised TPE haven't swapped Warrington Central for Lea Green or Newton-Le-Willows as there are certain hours of the day when the stations have just as many TPE as Northern services stopping there. In fact with the recent driver shortages at Northern, there has been times when TPE has been the sole operator at Lea Green for a few hours.

Lea Green should stay with Merseytravel's contractor of City Line services as the station was funded by that organisation.

Newton-Le-Willows has three operators that call there once again im sure Northern as the incumbent operator should man the location.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)