Current time: 16/04/2024, 23:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TransPennine Express
RE: TransPennine Express
If there regularly running with two engines out of three , then really there was never the need in the first place for three powered vehicles , hence the vehicles being over-powered in my first post.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/02/2017 21:01)wirralbus Wrote:  If there regularly running with two engines out of three , then really there was never the need in the first place for three powered vehicles , hence the vehicles being over-powered in my first post.

There is a need for them to have three engines. Say for example one of the two active engines fails - do you really think a fully loaded 185 could keep to its schedule on just one engine? I very highly doubt it
(13/02/2017 21:15)Y474 KNF Wrote:  There is a need for them to have three engines. Say for example one of the two active engines fails - do you really think a fully loaded 185 could keep to its schedule on just one engine? I very highly doubt it

A faulty train isn't expected to keep to time. If they were the Pacers and Sprinters would both have an additional engine. However, if the train with an engine out couldn't even reach the next station it calls then it would be a big problem.
The class 350/4 will be replaced.

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php/rol...press.html

I'm not sure whether it has already been mentioned.
Yes this news has been mentioned but still interesting to read the press release.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(17/02/2017 10:26)boby32 Wrote:  The class 350/4 will be replaced.

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php/rol...press.html

I'm not sure whether it has already been mentioned.

I reckon the 350/4s will go to the West Midlands franchise (currently London Midland) to join the other 350s.
(18/02/2017 20:17)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I reckon the 350/4s will go to the West Midlands franchise (currently London Midland) to join the other 350s.

It would make sense so LM would have a uniform fleet of class 350s.
(18/02/2017 20:17)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I reckon the 350/4s will go to the West Midlands franchise (currently London Midland) to join the other 350s.

To be honest its the only logical destination for the Class 350/4

If that's the case then the suburban style 350/2 should not see express passenger work except in an emergency when all other possible unit options have been exhausted.
A lot of people presume the 350/4s and Northern 323s will go to LM but we don't yet know what the next franchise winner will propose. There is a requirement for improving the quality of trains used on Liverpool-Birmingham and Crewe-Euston services which some people think will mean 350s with a refurbished interior but others think could mean brand new trains. If it's the latter LM will need to reduce the number of 350s they have, not increase them but that could still result in them taking on the /4s and releasing the /2s.
350402 is now in the new Transpennine livery.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)