Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(24/11/2019 18:55)buses7675 Wrote:  H2/H3 is as you say an odd one - some of the stops even say 'No buses stop here' because no other buses serve some roads in service all year!

They are intended to provide a service to St Helens Hospital though and a link between there, Whiston Hospital and surrounding areas which other services provide links normally but nothing else does on Christmas Day.

The problem is that most potential passengers probably do not visit the Merseytravel website, so will either not know the H2 & H3 exist - or, if they see a bus, they will have no idea where it is going, and by which route. And with no buses throughout the year, the last thing people will expect is a bus service on Christmas Day. It would stand more chance of being recognised if they ran them as 194 & 195.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Bring back the 118/119 and 194/195! Austerity is supposed to be over..... *I say tongue in cheek*

Yeah, unless you check the website, no one will know what on earth these buses are, and won’t even know they run. Seems a pointless endeavour - would work better using their original route numbers
Not a timetable change as such but the new Mersey Metro card to replace the Walrus Cards is launched on Monday 2 December.
(30/11/2019 03:19)Gordon V Wrote:  Not a timetable change as such but the new Mersey Metro card to replace the Walrus Cards is launched on Monday 2 December.

Hope these go better than the Walrus, Thatto Heath Railway Station have got them ready for Dec 2nd and do look nice

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/11/2019 08:55)T42 PVM Wrote:  Hope these go better than the Walrus, Thatto Heath Railway Station have got them ready for Dec 2nd and do look nice

You probably are already aware but the website for them goes live on Monday when the launch happens,to begin with some of the Merseytravel bus related tickets such as Solo become available at first to buy online and in effect become activated when the Metro Card is placed on the card reader on the bus,more ticket types to become available to purchase online in due course after the launch
I think a system like the london transport oyster card would have been a better idea personally.
(30/11/2019 22:52)313201 Wrote:  I think a system like the london transport oyster card would have been a better idea personally.

I disagree, the best system would be contactless capping across the Merseyside region without the need to top-up a card beforehand
What would that involve if I may ask
Bus Changes from 15th March 2020

Service: 22/X22

Old Route: West Kirby - Chester
New Route: West Kirby - Chester

22 Service Changes:
Route is now completely funeded by Cheshire West Council, with no input from Merseytravel.
The route will serve Willaston again, but on a two hourly basis,
A new journey at 18:30 from Chester to Neston has been introduced.
The first weekday journey from Chester to West Kirby will now miss Greasby and Frankby Green out, instead serving Hillbark Road, Montgomery Hill, Column Road, Caldy Grammar School and Newton Cross Lane, this Journey now departs Chester 14 minutes earlier.

X22 Service Changes
Route is now completely funeded by Cheshire West Council, with no input from Merseytravel
Route now deaprts West Kirby 4 minutes earlier.

Timetable Link:
https://merseytravel.adidocdn.dev/timeta...5Mar20.pdf
I have been under the impression for some time that the 129 Liscard-Frankby Cemetery had been withdrawn. So my question is why are A2B Travel still operating it?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)