Current time: 20/04/2024, 08:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(23/11/2019 17:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  Did the X8 ever run on Boxing Day? I know the 1 did and it normally had dupes on so that is perhaps the role the X1 is trying to take.

At least both services are every 20 minutes , which should in theory give a bus every 10 minutes from Cheshire Oaks to Liverpool will be very welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/11/2019 19:04)Walton 46 Wrote:  According to the timetable, the Boxing and New Years Day 500 will be limited stop. Is this a mistake because I'm sure last year, the 500 was all stops?

Also, I don't understand the early finishes on those days. I think the bus companies sometimes forget some people (particularly those in retail) have to go to work on Boxing Day and may have difficulty getting home if the buses stop at 6pm

It's been like that for a few years, Merseytravel used to fund all Boxing Day/New Years Day services last buses were similar to a normal Sunday, maybe a little earlier finish, but Merseytravel withdrew funding a few years ago, they're mostly commercial now, i think they would operate buses late if there was enough custom to make it pay

A lot of the routes finish 7pm Boxing Day, main annoyance for me, my route 423 first bus is around 11am in both directions, when some others are starting 8am[the 1 starts 06.51], with no 38A either so half the day is gone if i do fancy a day out, or it's a hike to Upton village for the 437.

500 is not a mistake;
Only the 0505, 0535, 0605, 0635 and 0705 journeys from Liverpool ONE Bus Station will call at all stops, excluding the stop outside the Mersey Retail Park, when travelling to the airport. All other journeys will operate as a limited stop service.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(23/11/2019 17:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  Did the X8 ever run on Boxing Day? I know the 1 did and it normally had dupes on so that is perhaps the role the X1 is trying to take.

The X8 never ran on Boxing Day. Last year The 1 had additonal dupes to Cheshire Oaks, although some of the buses didnt have Cheshire Oaks on their blinds and were showing Ellesmere Port
(24/11/2019 08:41)MTL0201 Wrote:  500 is not a mistake;
Only the 0505, 0535, 0605, 0635 and 0705 journeys from Liverpool ONE Bus Station will call at all stops, excluding the stop outside the Mersey Retail Park, when travelling to the airport. All other journeys will operate as a limited stop service.

Not very helpful if you live along Riverside Drive or Jericho Lane
(24/11/2019 10:36)Walton 46 Wrote:  Not very helpful if you live along Riverside Drive or Jericho Lane

Very confusing as well as the 500 in this form has not existed in a while so will catch people out

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Right I don’t get why they are running these ‘H1 H2 and H3’ services - they’re routes which previously did run but were withdrawn, like the 118 on Wirral (which was well patronised for a subsidised service). Why bother running it on Christmas Day if you don’t the rest of the year
(24/11/2019 15:00)mrd97 Wrote:  Right I don’t get why they are running these ‘H1 H2 and H3’ services - they’re routes which previously did run but were withdrawn, like the 118 on Wirral (which was well patronised for a subsidised service). Why bother running it on Christmas Day if you don’t the rest of the year

Same with the H2 & H3 which were the 194/195.
(24/11/2019 15:00)mrd97 Wrote:  Right I don’t get why they are running these ‘H1 H2 and H3’ services - they’re routes which previously did run but were withdrawn, like the 118 on Wirral (which was well patronised for a subsidised service). Why bother running it on Christmas Day if you don’t the rest of the year

Merseytravel are trying to operate the service via as many areas as possible , does it really matter if Merseytravel dont operate these services any more , its a free service.

Peace and Goodwill to all .

Dont forget also the Birkenhead and Wallasey Tunnels will be FREE on Christmas Day
(24/11/2019 08:49)Nwales Bus Wrote:  The X8 never ran on Boxing Day. Last year The 1 had additonal dupes to Cheshire Oaks, although some of the buses didnt have Cheshire Oaks on their blinds and were showing Ellesmere Port
Thanks for confirming. I wasn't sure. It makes sense having the X1 then really to take the place of the 1 dupes.
(24/11/2019 16:30)wirralbus Wrote:  Merseytravel are trying to operate the service via as many areas as possible , does it really matter if Merseytravel dont operate these services any more , its a free service.

Peace and Goodwill to all .

Dont forget also the Birkenhead and Wallasey Tunnels will be FREE on Christmas Day

H2/H3 is as you say an odd one - some of the stops even say 'No buses stop here' because no other buses serve some roads in service all year!

They are intended to provide a service to St Helens Hospital though and a link between there, Whiston Hospital and surrounding areas which other services provide links normally but nothing else does on Christmas Day.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)