Current time: 20/04/2024, 13:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(29/06/2019 20:42)mrd97 Wrote:  It’s good there’s a morning peak bus from Neston into Heswall, as currently the first bus doesn’t get into Neston until gone 9am. Dead run seems odd, perhaps they could start at Heswall about 6.20, or even run an extra 1/2 from Rock Ferry to Chester where it could then go on the 22.

They maybe looking further down the line to the reorganisation of all there routes . Looking at pockets of the timetable that needed looking at .

The big stumbling block to passengers I think is the rather around the houses circuit of Little Neston and Neston Greenfields.before you get to Neston Cross.

What that side of the Wirral needs is a fast service from West kirby , Heswall , Neston and Willaston to Chester. something akin to the X8 on the East Wirral side.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I definitely agree there, a limited stop service would be a far better idea than the current route.
492/495 Beechwood Circulars

New evening and Sunday timetable is up, looks like just 1 Bus will be required for both services as they’re 2 hourly now

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/08/2019 13:39)busdude Wrote:  492/495 Beechwood Circulars

New evening and Sunday timetable is up, looks like just 1 Bus will be required for both services as they’re 2 hourly now

Sunday service is very minimal, I imagine they will pick up well. Hopefully they increase to hourly eventually
(05/08/2019 13:48)mrd97 Wrote:  Sunday service is very minimal, I imagine they will pick up well. Hopefully they increase to hourly eventually

I hope it does well because Arriva will just see this as a boxing ticking exercise and if not used pull the plug for good on it .
(05/08/2019 14:21)wirralbus Wrote:  I hope it does well because Arriva will just see this as a boxing ticking exercise and if not used pull the plug for good on it .

Sunday service seemed 2 hourly but there’s a 4 hour gap on one of the services - any reason why this is?
(05/08/2019 14:44)mrd97 Wrote:  Sunday service seemed 2 hourly but there’s a 4 hour gap on one of the services - any reason why this is?

Driver Break. One Bus One Driver Duty
(05/08/2019 14:44)mrd97 Wrote:  Sunday service seemed 2 hourly but there’s a 4 hour gap on one of the services - any reason why this is?

Driver Break. One Bus One Driver Duty
Wouldnt it have been better to have had the driver meal breaks then just drop back one hour on both loops rather than have that rather odd 4 hour gap , that is a timetable that has been set up to fail in that direction.
Got to admit I agree and from what I am reading it sounds like it would be better with a minimum of w vehicles ( 1 for each route ) as well as a minimum of 2 for the evening service and 4 for the sundays depending on how long the route operates for on the sundays.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)