Current time: 25/04/2024, 13:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
Any sign of the new timetables for those former Avon services that are being resurrected by Stagecoach on the Wirral from Monday 5 November?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Seems a waste time starting the replacement services on Monday when there is no timetables yet,surely it would be better put off for a week or so.
https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/getting-...02018).pdf

New 22 and73 timetables. 73 is operated for Merseytravel by Eazibus, runs via Acre Lane, Storeton Village, Heath Road and Bebington Civic Centre
New 38 Times

New 82
Bus Changes From 5th November

Service 80

Route: West Kirby - Newton Village - West Kirby

Service Changes:
Service Now Run by Stagecoach
The Service is rerouted between Ennisdale Drive and West Kirby Station, now the service will go via Black Horse Hill And Grange Road, No Longer serving Greenbank Road, Anglesey Road Or Orrysdale Road.
The Service also now starts two hours earlier, and will now also operate on a Saturday

Timetable Link: https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/getting-...02018).pdf
New 16/16A/17 timetable

New 91 timetable

New 144 timetable

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The 16 is one heck of an extension. 5 buses... Given how much Stagecoach charge for tenders, that is one hell of a win for them. I think the 84/85 should have stayed. They had a PVR of 2 and there are 2 extra buses on the 16. There could also be a cost saving as smaller companies like Eazibus could run 2 buses but not 5. It saves a lot of confusion with routes as well. This new 73 could be put to better use as well as it wouldn't have to serve Poulton.

The 91 timetable looks like a mess with the 2 maps and also the lack of 91A (which is mentioned in the Avon replacements pdf)

The 80 is a bit of an odd one. Surely they should have made it a like for like timetable. Not starting it earlier.... I can see about the 82 but that will be due to it taking over the 88A as well as the 82 (Personally I would have made it the 88 in the morning and saturdays but then interwork that onto the 80 and 82 Mon-Fri)

The 38 needs sorting in my opinion. It's far too long and why the heck does Eastham Ferry need a bus at 530 or 630 in the morning.... They never had one before when it was the 286, 145/146. I personally think the 145/146 should come back. Run each one every 2 hours, miss out Mill Park but add in Bromborough. Though it is 1 extra bus compared to the 38, It benefits a lot more people and has a massive catchment area.

144, 73 and 22 are all decent. Sandbrook does need a bus to Birkenhead though not West Kirby in my opinion.
Maybe the 38 could have been left as it was terminating at Mill Park and a new route starting at Eastham Ferry and running possibly via the Croft Retail Park and Poulton Lancelyn might have been a better option. I agree that the starting time from Eastham ferry is way too early and maybe the 05.30 and 06.30 runs should have started from Mill Park.
Unfortunately the replacements are not like for like and that is probably because of the cash constraints that Merseytravel are under in these times of austerity
The 73 seems to be the odd bunny in the bunch , whose hare brained idea was that one . Heswall to Poulton Lancelyn via Barnston Acre Lane , Barnston Church , Levers Causeway , Broadway , Heath Road , Bebington Village and Poulton Lancelyn.

Poulton Lancelyn have now in the process lost a bus to New Ferry and Bromborough / Clatterbridge in recent times , this must be a very unlucky location for bus passengers.

Oh and its an Eazibus contract win.

Oh and how did they come up with that number for the route .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)