Current time: 25/04/2024, 14:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
Bus Changes From 22nd Of April 2018

Service: 83, 83A

Old Route: Liverpool Or Birkenhead - Prenton Or West Kirby
New Route: Birkenhead - West Kirby

83 Service Changes: Service Is Withdrawn

83A Service Changes: The 0730 journey from Birkenhead bus station is withdrawn. The main service is unchanged.

Timetable Link: https://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travelli...02018).pdf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Service: 1, 1A, 1B, 1C

Old Route: Moreton Circulars
New Route:Moreton Circulars

Service 1 Changes: No longer serves Birket Avenue or Castleway South. Some minor retimings.

Service 1A Changes: No Changes

Service 1B Changes: Service is Re routed to serve West Kirby Road and Saughall Road. Some minor retimings.

Service 1C Changes: No Changes

Those Moreton circulars are confusing and i'm used to being able to understand a timetable .
I take it Leasowe isn't used much at night but is it not easier just to run the 1 and 1B rather than having the A and C running in circles at night? Not like the A or C serve anywhere that the 1 doesnt serve. If you really want to avoid Leasowe, just have the A or the C and run one way round the circular.

Services: 41, 41A, 41B, 42

Old Route: Mill Park - Birkenhead - Woodchurch Or Arrowe Park Hospital
New Route: Mill Park - Birkenhead - Woodchurch Or Arrowe Park Hospital

41 Service Changes: No Changes

41A Service Changes: The 41A service from Mill Park towards Arrowe Park Hospital is rerouted within the Woodchurch Estate and some services are renumbered 41B. From Arrowe Park Hospital towards Mill Park the 41A route is unchanged but some times are revised.

41B: New Monday To Saturday Evening One Way Service Between Mill Park And Arrowe Park Hospital

42: No Changes

(23/03/2018 19:30)wirralbus Wrote:  Those Moreton circulars are confusing and i'm used to being able to understand a timetable .

I find it amusing that 'A' and 'C' are used for the circulars, but the A route is clockwise and the C Anti-clockwise Hammer
The most annoying thing about the Moreton Circulars, they no longer connect with the trains at Leasowe, which the predecessor 901 used to, i used to time the train to the old 901 a lot in the evenings & Sundays, that was far better than getting thr 423 or walking from Moreton Station.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
I think Merseytravel need to update the future changes page as it is still showing only the one change and it is a change that happened in February.
Looking at the new changes, with the withdrawal of te 90 and 81, and the revised 91 only running Monday - Fridays, Prenton Dell has no service whatsoever during Saturday daytimes. Mendip Road and parts of Oxton Village now have no service either. These decisions are an absolute disgrace. Avon seem to be withdrawing their services slowly and gradually.
(27/03/2018 21:14)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I think Merseytravel need to update the future changes page as it is still showing only the one change and it is a change that happened in February.

This has now been updated although information is fairly patchy as to what will replace some of the withdrawn Avon services.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)