Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
(14/05/2014 20:55)wirralbus Wrote:  With new buses if those faults had happened the vehicle would have gone back to the manufactures or bodybuilders for rectification , but with used vehicles its not so simple as that .
Why not? If I bought a used car that immediately started developing recurring faults, it'd be straight back to the dealer. The principle is the same here; if the issues are due to the electrical systems which have been retrofitted as part of the refurbishment, then the vehicles should be sent back to the company responsible as the work hasn't been completed to a standard which should be expected i.e. actually working and functional. It'd certainly be reminiscent of the acceptance of an abhorrent standard of refurbishment completed on some of the ex-London vehicles at Wrexham if retrofitted electronics are to blame in this case.

I'd be grateful if anybody could actually confirm the main and recurring issues that the Sapphire Enviro400s are encountering; if it is indeed electrical, then it's not really got much to do with the age of the vehicles, more the standard of work completed. If it's mechanical, it must surely be down to the vehicles upkeep; the Bootle examples are performing fine as mentioned previously and they'd all had the same level of maintenance until their separation. If all of the work was completed the same on these refurbished examples as it would be on a new example, there should be no difference hence no actual need for brand new buses.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - CX54 DKD - 14/05/2014 21:07

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)