Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
(21/02/2013 17:17)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(21/02/2013 17:04)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  ..look very smart,you can tell its the same people that did Harrogates Wright Geminis.
The example shown in those photographs looks very much to me like the one which has been refurbished at Arriva's own Jackson Street garage so not quite ;-) In fact, on looking again, it most certainly is; in the last photo of the set you can see part of the engineering building from the rear of the depot. An Ecocity and hybrid Gemini were also around and about recently for, presumably, publicity. Bus and Coach Blackburn do have an example(s) though so it will be interesting to see if refurbishment standards differ between the two locations given the abomination of a job Blackburn made of some of the PDLs which came up for Wales along with the incorrect paint job on the two Southport Renowns.

Just out of interest, does anybody know the exact seating config of the Saphire Enviro400s following this refurbishment? From what I can make out, it looks to be around 65-70 which, although offering more downstairs seating, offers no real capacity increase over the current DLAs. The refurbishment does look excellent internally too though and it's a real credit to the lads working at Jackson Street and exceeds even their own usual high standards.

i thought all were being done at Bus & Coach World Blackburn but thats my mistake,the referb still looks very much based on the Transdev 36 (2+1 Seating,even the same types of seats).Bus & Coach world are good for repairs/interior referbishements but repainting is not there strong point.Having said that they do seem to be improving with painting arrivas livery.Seating wise unless theyve taken out some seats downstairs then im guessing its just 7 Less on the top deck (with them making it 2+1 seating).Im wondering what there planning with arriva midlands geminis more than anything
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Wright Eclipse - 21/02/2013 17:49

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)