Current time: 16/04/2024, 19:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
(12/03/2019 11:45)Barney Wrote:  I don't follow your point here. Are you in favour of bus passes for the elderly and infirm or not? Or, do you think that bus operators should be reimbursed at a higher level? If it's the former, most buses would simply carry fresh air for most parts of the day and very quickly be withdrawn. If it's the latter who should fund it, the Welsh Assembly, local authorities or central government?

How can you expect a route carrying no paying passengers and only bus pass users on average 4 per day to keep itself stable, if there's no profit or stable income it goes, i can drive now but still regular use my bus route because i want to keep it, use it or lose it.

Everything would still be at a loss even under government control, well routes that are not making money anyway you cant expect bus routes to survive on the bus pass when companies barely get anything out of it, if the council pull their fingers out their rear and worked with Arriva that'd help the area a lot.

then again whether it is subsidised it'd probably be cut because the amount of cuts taking place across the country at the moment is just as bad as withdrawn commercial service's

everyone moans that Arriva want profits and that's it, well yeah, that's business and every other business functions like that.

Totally agree Depotsw cant put any blame onto Arriva at all, they tried to save the service's and provide a good one which they have, they've saved Wrexham from its public transport disasters over and over.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - LJ51 DDA - 12/03/2019 16:20

User(s) browsing this thread: NathanR, 5 Guest(s)