Current time: 28/03/2024, 20:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
The changes to the one were planned prior to gaining the 42/44

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
693 currently at St Helens for P&P
Out of interest, does anyone know what the Plaxton President double decker LJ51DLV is used for? I often see it parked up at King Street bus station, but I never see it in service.
(18/10/2018 21:48)Lovell Wrote:  Out of interest, does anyone know what the Plaxton President double decker LJ51DLV is used for? I often see it parked up at King Street bus station, but I never see it in service.

Typically does peak 5C workings for to Llangollen for Ysgol Dinas Bran, although it does see use on the 41A at times.
Mostly on 41As now also Arriva have made some changes to the 42 the route is as follows

Wrexham Bus Station, Regent Street, Bradley Road, Watery Road, Pentrefelin, Brook Street, St Giles Way, Salop Road, Bennion Road, Huntroyde Avenue, Percy Road, Stockwell Grove (Terminus), Norman Road, Bryn-Y-Cabanau Road, Kingsmill Road back onto Salop Road and returning to the Bus Station via prior listed stops Smile

Thanks for the reply. I am about to start work on Wrexham Industrial Estate so I may end up catching it.
Service's 42/44 start today on their hourly frequencies! Smile

Timetables are no available
42 : https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/wales/servic...ell-grove/
44 : https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/wales/servic...kers-lane/

(29/10/2018 06:32)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Service's 42/44 start today on their hourly frequencies! Smile

Timetables are no available
42 : https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/wales/servic...ell-grove/
44 : https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/wales/servic...kers-lane/

Has anything been transferred here for these routes?
(29/10/2018 15:40)Y727 KNF Wrote:  Has anything been transferred here for these routes?

Nope

I had a quick look at the new services which Arriva commenced operations today in Wrexham namely the 42 King Street to Stockwell Grove and the 44 King Street to Barkers Lane. On the journey I observed Enviro 2147 worked first the 42 then the 44 and afterwards worked a 4A. The next journeys of both the 42 and then the 44 were operated by Solo 661. It therefore appears that the new services have been incorporated into the general workings of the depot which interestingly involve drivers and their vehicles working numerous services through their shift.

New leaflets for this service had been prepared and made available in the enquiry office (still operated by staff of the company behind the easyCoach firm). However very disappointingly was that none of the workings on either the 42 or the 44 on both buses I observed had any destination or route number displayed (<photo 2147 on the 44> <photo 2147 on the 42> and <photo 661 on the 42>). The digital display showed the generic Arriva logo and there was not even a hand written route number in the window.

It was pleasing to note that the buses involved appeared to be reasonably well patronised.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)