Current time: 25/04/2024, 05:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
(15/10/2017 05:39)Valandil Wrote:  The thing I don't understand is the talk about upgrades to this service, when in fact we see downgrades and I know that whenever I have used the 5 it's been almost empty (though it may be different at peak times?)
Is it just another example of mindless competition, where 2 operators have competed for it and are wasting resource on it to such an extent that neither is doing particularly well on there?

It does seem that way. I saw 1010-12 on it yesterday and they had more passengers on than the more frequent D Jones offering of Solos and Versas but no loading's to shout about. One thing I spotted was passengers letting both ARRIVA Midlands / Cymru and D Jones go and wait for quite some time for the Lloyds T3 service which is of course offering free travel on weekends (one working was rammed full), that cannot be helping either party on the 5.

There is money on the route on the AM and PM peaks for sure on school days (they do get busy) so I suspect ARRIVA will ensure these revenue paths are covered. It does seem ARRIVA have handed D Jones another advantage.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot - Depotosw - 15/10/2017 11:01

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)