Current time: 28/03/2024, 19:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
Was on 1004 with its stop start engine... struggling to restart at some points today ....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The first Enviro 200 I saw was leaving Wrexham at around 08:20 on Friday morning, the second time was around 12:20 on Saturday heading into Chester Business Park back to Wrexham.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
(09/07/2017 18:56)Dentonian Wrote:  Apologies for not reading the earlier post - too many individual ones on this forum to go through - as it would have made a difference to my comments in this context, but not in general - bearing in mind I wasn't confining my comments to one depot of one company. I have worked in various roles in the bus industry for most of the past 37 years - albeit branding etc is not something we used to have to worry about. Vehicle sizes and types were relevant though. My comments are based on observations from various angles, where I have seen different functions operating with different attitudes, knowing that when things go wrong its the bus drivers, not engineers, vehicle allocators, Supervisors etc, who get it in the neck. I've been at the front of a depot when drivers have been running around trying to get a bus for the last turnout of the morning peak, whilst the fitters are fiddling under the bonnet of their XR3i s. Late 80s/early 90s for those unfamilar with old sports saloon cars. I have also seen how standards can drop dramatically with changes of management/personnel.

As for major events - apart from Parklife, there are very few such events that involve buses in GM. The existing network is expected to cope with things like Metrolink collapses. But the idea of using newer buses on these special services is hardly surprising. The deregulated bus industry has proven very good at sticking two fingers up at its loyal customer base that has been pumping money into their shareholder's back pockets for decades. Its called Captive Market economics

Well said to both of you Trimax2000 and Dentonian. These are my experiences indeed. In this ultra commercial world the companies will turn it on when it suits. Pity they don't follow through.
Solo 668 is set to leave this week possibly to St Helens for Polish and Promote then to Bangor and 2803 is also being pulled off this week however it will be placed in the pool (Wrexham Compound) as a Rail Replacement vehicle as its the best out of the three Smile

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
I've noticed that Wrexham's Enviro200's have had their destination displays re-programmed. They look much better now they have "via ...." on the right hand side. I haven't seen any solos that have been changed.
Y546UJC (0846) is here but only to meet its fate.

RTC at Caergwrle High Street this morning, reportedly between a tractor and an Arriva bus operating service 27, hope all involved are OK.
(09/08/2017 09:44)CTL45 Wrote:  RTC at Caergwrle High Street this morning, reportedly between a tractor and an Arriva bus operating service 27, hope all involved are OK.

2152 is the vehicle involved.

2152 has been towed to St Helens for its major repairs and will no doubt now also be repainted into the revised livery and Optare Solo 679 is here now to cover Smile

There is a couple of pictures on this facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/colin.j.brooks/...5260790963

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)